OCT and Conditioning

MinaSinclair

OCT and MT users, what conditioner have you found works best with them? When I use OCT I'm so afraid of too much protein that I don't use anything else to condition and THAT makes me use the OCT that much less. Can you suggest some products I can use?

I'm a mild PJ and building a regimen so the longer the list, the better! :lachen:

I've asked a similiar question in three other threads. I hope you're able to get your answer because I didn't!

With OCT I like the whole ovation line. When I think back on how my hair was when I used it, it really was a perfect balance for my hair. I used other conditioners with oct once I ran out of the ovation cream rinse, but the line worked really well as a complete line.

I was considering getting the whole line just to keep it simple for myself.

How are you using the OCT? On your scalp or are you using it as a conditioner?

I use it on my scalp. At first, I used it mostly right on the edges in the front to repair heat damage. Not only did it grow back, the texture changed dramatically. :ohwell: But only on my scalp all over and I panic with the thought of overdoing it with conditioner.

I've been using MT. I apply it to my scalp a few times a week and I wash it out at the end of the week. I'm not sure if my hair is protein sensitive. An egg treatment makes my hair hard like a rock. Even if I leave it on for less than 10 minutes (that includes application time). I've been using Aphogee and I usually leave it on for five minutes.

I'm still rotating between my TJ Nourish Spa/Aussie Moist and my Organix Coconut Milk.

If you are just using it on your scalp I wouldn't worry about it interfering with your normal protein routine... Just make sure you do your regular moisturizing routine and I think you should be fine.

Back