OCT and Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor...same product different bottle!!

charmtreese

Has anyone else noticed that OCT and Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor smell exactly the same?

Also if you look at the contents they are mostly in the same order, Aphogee just has more stuff including more protein...check it out!!!!

Did I just pay 60 bucks for another bottle of Aphogee...Please say it ain't so!:nono:

My wheels are really spinning...now Im thinking if I use aphogee the same way I use OCT the results may be the same...what do you all think!!!

Someone mentioned that a while ago, but no one was willing to experiment with the Aphogee and see. :yep:

I have aphogee two min reconstructor. How do you generally use OCT?

Lol...I'm not saying I will do it but just curious.

For the most part (there are almost as many ways to use it as there are people using it, it seems), ladies are using it like a grease, parting their hair and rubbing it directly into their scalp. Some are using it straight, some are mixing it with other oils, some are oiling their scalps then applying it....... :lol: There are a lot of different variations....

Someone mentioned that a while ago, but no one was willing to experiment with the Aphogee and see. :yep:

I may try it after I run out of my OCT!:look:

What's OTC?

Ovation Cell Therapy

And I ain't gonna do it :lol: The same ingredient list doesn't mean the same product. Concentration is everythang people:yep:

I know, but aphogee has amino acids and OCT doesn't. The smell is the same but the consistency is a little different OCT is a little thicker. I see what you are saying gym...but I'm so darn curious now!!!

I have aphogee two min reconstructor. How do you generally use OCT?

Lol...I'm not saying I will do it but just curious.

Girl, Im curious too!!!

The directions say to apply OCT to wet hair and massage in to scalp. Leave on for 3-5 minutes and rinse or leave on for a few hours to overnight for an intense treatment!

Has anyone else noticed that OCT and Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor smell exactly the same?

Also if you look at the contents they are mostly in the same order, Aphogee just has more stuff including more protein...check it out!!!!

Did I just pay 60 bucks for another bottle of Aphogee...Please say it ain't so!:nono:

My wheels are really spinning...now Im thinking if I use aphogee the same way I use OCT the results may be the same...what do you all think!!!

:yep:...

Well, I said that to Vixxen about 4 years back that megatek and the original 2 minute reconstructor smelled the same to me...and the ingredients do fall along the same lines.

But like cousin Gym said...different formulations, different concentrations...

OMG, you are scarying me! the thought of getting ripped off like that is scary.

I honestly dont think the 2 smell as much alike as people say, also the aphogee is more white, and the ovation is more halfwhite, but you never know!

Who is going to rry this out....any ladies willing to volunteer...lol
i guess one week wouldn't hurt.

I was thinking the exact same thing myself. I wish it was the same so I could save money because I'm too broke for OCT.

I think I will mix this with olive oil and peppermint oil and try it on my scalp and see what happens... what could be the potential consequences of me doing this? :look:

The thing that puzzles me the most is that MT works because of all the protein, amino acids, and other stuff (can't remember what the other stuff entails :look:). OCT, does not have any amino acids and the rest of the ingredients are pretty standard and then we have aphogee with all of the good ingredients of OCT plus amino acids and then some!

I've only used OCT twice so far (left in for 5 minutes one time and 1/2 hour the next) my hair did feel slightly stronger and I had noticeably less breakage during the detangling process, but aphogee does the same thing however, it leaves my hair feeling strong and a little more moisturized then with OCT.

Since I've already purchased OCT, I wanna give it a "real" chance and continue on with my current regimen until the bottle is empty.

OMG, you are scarying me! the thought of getting ripped off like that is scary.

I honestly dont think the 2 smell as much alike as people say, also the aphogee is more white, and the ovation is more halfwhite, but you never know!

Who is going to rry this out....any ladies willing to volunteer...lol
i guess one week wouldn't hurt.

You don't think they smell alike!! I had my friend help me do a blind sniff test and I couldn't tell them apart!!! That's what got me to thinking!

I did notice that there is a color difference between the two, but I figured that was because aphogee has so much more stuff in it then OCT.

We should do a test, half the ladies will use aphogee and the other half will use OCT and then compare notes, but we would have to use it the same way! IDK...:spinning:

I am thinking it is the way it is processed. Maybe the OCT has smaller molecules more readily available to penetrate the hair shaft vs. the Aphogee having larger ones that somewhat reconstruct, but not get to the core. Maybe OCT costs more because they processed the ingredients more? It's just a thought:ohwell:

I am thinking it is the way it is processed. Maybe the OCT has smaller molecules more readily available to penetrate the hair shaft vs. the Aphogee having larger ones that somewhat reconstruct, but not get to the core. Maybe OCT costs more because they processed the ingredients more? It's just a thought:ohwell:

Oh, that's a good thought!!!:yep:

But would using heat along with Aphogee allow it to penetrate the hair shaft??

Heat usually swells molecules in most instances. Maybe we could whip the Aphogee in a blender and add a little warm water, water dissolves most substances. We may be able to come close :up: :up:

Girl, I know. Here's the other thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=224609

I don't have OCT but I have MT and the aphogee and yes they do smell similar-very similar and have similar ingredients. If they have different concentrations.....why does both give me the same results when I DC?????

You don't think they smell alike!! I had my friend help me do a blind sniff test and I couldn't tell them apart!!! That's what got me to thinking!

I did notice that there is a color difference between the two, but I figured that was because aphogee has so much more stuff in it then OCT.

We should do a test, half the ladies will use aphogee and the other half will use OCT and then compare notes, but we would have to use it the same way! IDK...:spinning:

I was thinking about mixing MT and Aphogee together to stretch my MT since it's way more expensive.

I got new repackaged bottle that looks like this:

texasbeautysupplycom_2012_95714391

This newer formula has mineral oil in it...I'm not putting that on my scalp...

water, glycerin, stearalkonium chloride, cetylalcohol, mineral oil, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolized keratin, hydrolyzed vegtable protein, trimethysloxyamodimethicone, maurita flexuosa fruit oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil, etc...

They changed formulas when they changed bottles, this does not look like MT or OCT from what I can tell.

Last edited:
Girl, I know. Here's the other thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=224609

I don't have OCT but I have MT and the aphogee and yes they do smell similar-very similar and have similar ingredients. If they have different concentrations.....why does both give me the same results when I DC?????

Good question! I may be willing to try this. I don't have any OCT but I do have the Aphogee 2 min. If the technique and formulation can be tweaked to be the same... why not?

anyone dare me to try this?? :grin:

Yes by all means go ahead and try it. Wait at least 2 weeks between using it and the OCT just to make sure. I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE TRYING THIS BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES:grin:. Then you guys can let me see your results then maybe I will entertain it, okay? So with that said...........I dare you thinkpinkprincess, go on, go use that aphogee girl, I'm right behind ya sweetie:rolleyes::yep:.

I got new repackaged bottle that looks like this:

texasbeautysupplycom_2012_95714391

This newer formula has mineral oil in it...I'm not putting that on my scalp...

water, glycerin, stearalkonium chloride, cetylalcohol, mineral oil, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolized keratin, hydrolyzed vegtable protein, trimethysloxyamodimethicone, maurita flexuosa fruit oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil, etc...

They changed formulas when they changed bottles, this does not look like MT or OCT from what I can tell.

Yeah, this is the one I have. I dont have a problem with mineral oil so Im not worried about that. However all the ingredients that are in OCT are in Aphogee and in about the same order minus the mineral oil.

Yes by all means go ahead and try it. Wait at least 2 weeks between using it and the OCT just to make sure. I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE TRYING THIS BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES:grin:. Then you guys can let me see your results then maybe I will entertain it, okay? So with that said...........I dare you thinkpinkprincess, go on, go use that aphogee girl, I'm right behind ya sweetie:rolleyes::yep:.
I'm sticking with the MT. I'll use the Aphgoee on my hair but not my scalp with that mineral oil in there...:nono: I ain't fixin what's not broken....

Back