Ocean Or Puddle: How Much Conditioner?

krissyhair

Which conditioners do you use that require an ocean worth to spread through your hair?

Which conditioners require only a puddle?

For me, Curls Coconut Sublime, every Shea Moisture conditioner, and VO5 all require an ocean to coat my strands.

Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource, Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner, and Giovanni 50/50 Balancing Conditioner only need a little plop. They all spread great, last a long time and really cover my hair.

It really depends on how easily the conditioner spreads. Kerastase masks only require a quarter size or so.

I am very heavy handed with vo5. It has great slip and I love the way it coats my strands. I don't feel guilty since it costs $1

I use a couple. Deva curl one condition and kinky curly knot today. They both have great slip but think the deva is a little better.
I only have to use maybe 2-3 quarter sized amounts per side.

An ocean for Shea Moisture Shea Butter conditioner and a puddle for Aussie Moist conditioner. I am heavy handed so I learned my lesson with Aussie Moist conditioner...too much and its just icky and then I have hard to deal with hair.

I use a ton of any conditioner I am using no matter what to fully saturate my hair. However, I find that I don't need as much conditioner if I am using a thick conditioner like Garnier, Tresemme or Herbal Essences vs Suave. The thinner the consistency, the more I will use.

I use an ocean with KCKT or Shea Moisture. My hair loves thick conditioners so these runny ones are :nono:.

HB Olive Cholesterol is a puddle OTOH. A little goes a long way, but I still pile it on because it's so cheap.

Back