:::Observation Question:::

AnjelLuvs

Why does some peoples hair seem to break at the crown area?

I am sure you have seen people with a nice length of hair but has those few flyaways at the crown area just a stickin up everywhere.

I thought it was only me, but I seen another lady with the same problem. The thing is that I dont even have pony tails at the top and I hardly ever wrap my hair.

I too have the same problem with breakage at the crown of my head. My hair is much thicker there also. Whenever I get a retouch I notice around my second week it's a lot of negrowth in that area and it starts to break. I guess I have to keep that area well moisturized. I would love to know what causes this.

[ QUOTE ]
chrissy said:
I too have the same problem with breakage at the crown of my head. My hair is much thicker there also. Whenever I get a retouch I notice around my second week it's a lot of negrowth in that area and it starts to break. I guess I have to keep that area well moisturized. I would love to know what causes this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Chrissy. I think it's because that part of our hair (or at least my hair) grows the fastest so when it get's to that line of demarcation in the crown area there is more newgrowth to take care of and baby and if you don't it'll just break. Because of this I try to be extra gentle with my hair in the crown when I'm near my touch-up time.
smile.gif

I noticed this too. My hair at the crown has crown about 2 inches when stretched! (My touch up was 2 months ago) but this is also the driest area of my head and when I get up there too comb, by then I'm tired of combing and I'm not too careful. I have to change that habit because for some reason that section is driest oo so it's gonna need extra care.

I start to comb there first when I am styling AND some protective styles I used put alot of stress on the crown area.

Back