Obia Natural Hair Care Review *Thumbs Up!*

I learned through the BF thread that there will be a 40% BF sale!!!

Yep, still using these products! I skipped the KCKT and only used obia moisture cream and custard on sunday and still had good results. I'm still able to get through a whole week without re-styling using this line.

You ladies are making this pj want to try that product. I used Eco Styler Argan oil for the first time this week and loved the results...except for the slightly hard cast. I may try Obia's products on BF.

I learned through the BF thread that there will be a 40% BF sale!!!

Yep, still using these products! I skipped the KCKT and only used obia moisture cream and custard on sunday and still had good results. I'm still able to get through a whole week without re-styling using this line.

Are you finding that your hair stays moisturized?

Not impressed by the prices, the offerings nor the website layout. But there is a 40% Blk Friday discount. :look:

Not impressed by the prices, the offerings nor the website layout. But there is a 40% Blk Friday discount. :look:

My introduction to the line was through seeing reviews and results 1st before visiting the site. If I hadn't seen those I probably wouldn't have given it a try based on visiting the website alone like you.

My manager and coworker wanted to find out what I was using on my hair lately so they could try it. I directed them to the website and they said the same thing about the images, but they would give it a try because they saw my hair...if they hadn't seen real life results they wouldn't have tried the line fr visiting the site.

My manager turned around and told one of her bests friends about the line, her friend hadn't seen her to see her results using it and went to the website. Her friend said based on the photo (particularly the main image on the main page) she wasn't going to try it.

I'm not sure if they are stock photos or actual results of using the line, but the results I've seen on YouTube, my coworkers and my own results have been more impressive.

Maybe I will give her (Obia) this feedback since it seems to be very common... 1st impressions are everything!

ETA: Looks like the site was updated...maybe she's already checking out and paying attention to the feedback :)

Last edited:
Froreal3

I ordered the Burdock Root Crème and a Spritz during a 50% off Sale they had. I got the site from Lita

I liked the Burdock Root Crème so much that I ended up going back and ordering an 8oz Jar with a 10% discount code she put in my 1st order.

The Burdock Root Crème is really nice. I may order another Jar during the 40%.

Lita swears by the Spritz.

I haven't tried mine yet. But I do love a Great Spritz.

Shipping was fast and relatively inexpensive. I am still waiting on that DC'er and would definitely buy it.

Froreal3 Yep,her web-site needs some work,but the products I've tried have worked wonders..Her moisture spritz is my spring/summer staple..It's great as a pre too..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Reading this thread makes me want to try the products (love the ingredients, too.)

BF Imma order the curl hydration spray and the twist whip butter. Both sound good!

biancaelyse aww thank you! FindingMe aww man, I was hoping you'd have a good review :( It does look like we have similar hair types. To wash I had been using Kinky Curly Come Clean followed by the knot today to detangle and leave in for a while. I like to start with a really clean surface. I've used the Tea Tree & Neem Poo bar twice now and haven't noticed any coating (which I've experienced with other bars), and seems to rinse clean. I'm not sure if my whether or not my hair being free from build up before hand has anything to do with that or not. The moisture cream and knot today will definitely soften the hold of the custard, so you have to play with how much to use to get the hold you want as well as using the right amount of custard. I'm getting about 4 uses a jar, using it once a week, so a jar lasts me about a month. I also keep my hair in four sections and apply the custard working one section at a time and applying to each sub section, so each section, I'll part the hair 3 or more times to apply the product making sure I get good even coverage. This past weekend I added the moisture cream to each section before going back to work the custard through. I think this allowed it to sink into the hair more before applying the styler. I did not keep my hair drenched/dripping wet by applying more water during the process (which I sometimes do) and my came out with even more defined/controlled curls and dried faster. I'm on 4 hair and the curls are still looking fresh and defined! Oh, to maintain I've just been spritzing once or twice a day with the moisture mist and coconut oil on occassion.

Do you use a comb to detangle while styling or while washing? I have curls but lots of tangles when I wash and go without combing. I am wondering if your results come from finger combing/raking and smoothing the products.

Do you use a comb to detangle while styling or while washing? I have curls but lots of tangles when I wash and go without combing. I am wondering if your results come from finger combing/raking and smoothing the products.

I oil overnight and seperate my hair in 4 sections before getting in the shower. There I shampoo one section at a time and rinse. I recently started using ACV rinse as well to help close the cuticle before detangling process. I then detangle each section by applying a small amount of KCKT or using the Obia Moisture cream and a denman brush, slowly and gently working from the ends up towards the scalp. I make sure my hair stays pretty wet during this process. If I get to a highly tangled section, I splash more water to help get things moving along. Once the section is detangled I twist the section back up to keep it from tangling up again. I'm ready to style after all sections have been detangled. I start to add the custard using my fingers to rake through and smooth each sub-section of hair. I only pull out the denman during styling if the hair starts drying on me and gets a tangled from the handling the sections of hair, but for the most part I don't use anything but my hands to style after the initial detangling process.

Unfortunately the gel did not work for my 4a/b hair. In fact, it was the worst gel I've ever used! I do believe it is the carbomer. That's too bad because it smells divine and I really love the custard like consistency. Oh well.

Unfortunately the gel did not work for my 4a/b hair. In fact, it was the worst gel I've ever used! I do believe it is the carbomer. That's too bad because it smells divine and I really love the custard like consistency. Oh well.

Awww man, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you :(

OBIA is awesome. I have been almost exclusively using the Twist Whip Butter and the Curl Enhancing Custard for about a year. And now I'm so excited that the products are available in most mass retail stores, Walmart, CVS, Target!

Back