NYC Ladies:Tell Me Where To Go For A Trim

starz

I need a trim badly and I don't want to get scalped. Can someone please give me the name and address of the stylist that you trust to trim your hair. Thank you for your help.

Only Marcia at Lavarhairdesigns :) . It is on E72nd St b/t Columbus and Amsterdam

Nice said:
Only Marcia at Lavarhairdesigns :) . It is on E72nd St b/t Columbus and Amsterdam

I heard about her...I almost went but backed out. But it was for color. Glad to hear she is good.

Nice said:

I have heard about her as well, have you seen a difference in your hair since going to her? What is her relaxer technique?

tryn2growmyhair said:
I have heard about her as well, have you seen a difference in your hair since going to her? What is her relaxer technique?
I have definitely retained more lenght since going to Marcia. I went to another person over the summer to get my relaxer done and suffered breakage. Going to Marica is very costly but she relaxes my hair the best to me. She bases the scalp well, doesn't overlap, rinses out the relaxer well, and gives the best "dusting". I have tried other stylist in the past but I think that she works best with my hair. I am finding it hard to give her up :) . Also, she respects her appointments. I have never been to the salon and waited for more that 15 minutes.

Nice, how often do you get your hair trimmed by Marcia?
Do you know how much she charges for a trim and wash&set?

starz said:
Nice, how often do you get your hair trimmed by Marcia?
Do you know how much she charges for a trim and wash&set?
Here is a link to their price list. You should definitely express to Marcia what kind of trim that you want because she definitely listens :) . They are very expensive though :( . I wouldn't suggest that you get a wash & set there.

http://www.lavarhairdesigns.com/LHDPricelist904.pdf

Last edited:
Whoa... $80 for a relaxer. Thats a lot of money especially if u relax every 8 weeks :eek: I can see how that price would add up. But on the upside, she speaks English and u can communicate to her :). I see her price for a texturizer is $55. Nice have u seen anyone go to Marcia for a texturizer before? $55 is a feasible price :)

Britt said:
Whoa... $80 for a relaxer. Thats a lot of money especially if u relax every 8 weeks :eek: I can see how that price would add up. But on the upside, she speaks English and u can communicate to her :). I see her price for a texturizer is $55. Nice have u seen anyone go to Marcia for a texturizer before? $55 is a feasible price :)
Sorry Britt but I haven't :( .

Back