NY LADIES DUANE READE ON 125TH ST. IS THE BOMB!!

Wolftrap

So I'm on 125th Street (or as my ghetto bros/sis affectionately call Two-Fifth
laugh.gif
) yesterday waiting for a friend to pick me up and to pass some time I go into the Duane Reade near the Apollo. You wanna talk about BSS Heaven!!
shocked.gif
They had almost EVERYTHING the ladies on this board talk about. They had the whole Salerm line, the di lino stuff, pure coconut oil, Elasta QP line and they even had Sebatians Penetrait which I have been looking for FOREVER. That stuff is $28 a bottle in there. That hidden PJ inside me just had to come out! If you ladies need ANYTHING I would really suggest going there. I was too shocked to find all this stuff in a drug store! I'm so excited today. Well just my PSA for the day.

Girl I'm telling you. Go there if you need anything. They had the complete product lines of a lot of things we use on this board.

That's good to know. Do you remember how much were the Salerm products? Since I love Salerm 21 so much, I want to try some other Salerm stuff.

The Salerm leave-in was $9.40 and the Salerm Wheat germ stuff was $17.10. I'm not sure how much the shampoo and conditioner were

Yes Duane Reade. I could not believe it myself. I was in heaven I spent about a 1/2 hour in that one isle just looking at stuff and saying oh so and so on the hair board talked about that. You have got to go there.

If you live in NY you might also want to try the BSS on 116th and 3rd avenue on the corner. They had a nice sale going too...20% off everything in the store. I haven't been there recently so i'm not sure if they carry the infamous salerm or NTM but that store is the bomb. Only place around here where I can find my kemi oyl pomade.

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Yes Duane Reade. I could not believe it myself. I was in heaven I spent about a 1/2 hour in that one isle just looking at stuff and saying oh so and so on the hair board talked about that. You have got to go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the BSS up the street from my house..But there's a DR on Jamaica Ave which is by my school and it is nothing like what you just described. They should all be like that. Shoot now I wanna go see just out of curiousity,
laugh.gif

That's what shocked me. I had gone to the DR by my job earlier that day and picked up some V05 conditioner and it was nothing like this one on 125th. I guess in the more ethnic neighborhoods they sell more ethnic products. And we all know harlem is full of black and hispanic culture.

Yes the Duane Reade on Two Fifth has a lot of stuff, shoot they better those products...that's Harlem! That's why when you go to midtown DR "our" products are scarce.

Re: NY LADIES DUANE READE ON 125TH ST. IS THE BOMB

Hey Wolftrap,

That's amazing! I can't believe it! Is it near the Apollo Beauty Supply I keep hearing about? Coz if it is then I will mos def hafta check it out!!! I need to find Affirm relaxer ASAP. And they paid me today too!!!

Re: NY LADIES DUANE READE ON 125TH ST. IS THE BOMB

I don't think I saw the Apollo Beauty supply. If anyone has seen it is it a yellow sign? Cause I remember seeing a sign that said Beauty Supply but it was closed so I went into Duane Reade cause I needed some cold medicine and stumbled on a gold mine. I forgot all about my stupid cold in that instant. If its not near the Apollo beauty supply then I'm sure it is very close to it. But you can't miss the DR. It's right on the corner near the Apollo. Like if you are standing right in front of the Apollo staring at it then the DR is to your left.

If i'm not mistaken, Billy Jean's is on the west side or near the west side. This BSS is on the east side where the clothing stores like Regines are. It's right on the corner of 3rd avenue and I really like it. They seem to have a variety of Dominican products there too, so I might go there and see if they carry miss key 10 en 1.

Bumping for people wondering about NYC BSS.

Also, I went back to the BSS on 116th and 3rd yesterday, and they have the SURGE line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also have the dudley line and the neutrogena triple moisture line. They also have that serum people were discussing...I think it's a french name or something.

Last but not least, all products are 20% off!!!!

i was down on 125th on thursday and i must say the BSS down there are no joke...they have everything you can think of...IT IS TRULY A PJ HEAVNE ON 125TH...i saw some products like sta-so-fro for much cheaper than i pay..from now on i vowed to only go the BSS down there becasue they have everything...

This post just reminded me of where to go to stock up. I have been frequenting Rama for too long and they dont have a lot of the Dominican conditoners that were mentioned here. So I will defintely go to 125th. I just hope I dont get asked if I want my hair braided. Its like they are on every block!!! God bless you all.

All the Duane Reade have these products. They have a section that has professional products. The Duane Reade on 145th street sells Kuz and they have more of the line than the one on 125th st. The Rite Aid in Grand Central Station has sells Kerastase, Keracare, Nexxus (the liter size), Biosilk and Biolage.

Wolftrap said:
So I'm on 125th Street (or as my ghetto bros/sis affectionately call Two-Fifth
laugh.gif
) yesterday waiting for a friend to pick me up and to pass some time I go into the Duane Reade near the Apollo. You wanna talk about BSS Heaven!!
shocked.gif
They had almost EVERYTHING the ladies on this board talk about. They had the whole Salerm line, the di lino stuff, pure coconut oil, Elasta QP line and they even had Sebatians Penetrait which I have been looking for FOREVER. That stuff is $28 a bottle in there. That hidden PJ inside me just had to come out! If you ladies need ANYTHING I would really suggest going there. I was too shocked to find all this stuff in a drug store! I'm so excited today. Well just my PSA for the day.
Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!

Back