NY hard water?

princess me

do any of you ladies know about the effects of hard water on our hair?

whenever i wash my hair (4b relaxed), my hair always feel hard afterwards. I don't know if its too much protein or if its the water... like maybe i'm rinsing the products out too much or something??? :ohwell:

When i go to the hairdresser sometimes my hair does this too, but it never ends the way it does whenever i do it... she knows how to fix the issue, but i wanna do my own hair and this is a concern of mine...

I know what u mean did you try clarifying. but you can do what i did. go to home depot and get a filter for your shower. it is good on your hair and skin.:grin:

Om Tat Sat

Try Clarifying, then apply an oil, rinse that, the DC with a moisturizing condish.. then you should be good. I kno you... we went to Middle school and High school together (I think Im 2 years older than you) but the water in our area isnt hard. If it is, it isnt as hard as it could be. so its probably build up from your products and you just need to clarify more

do any of you ladies know about the effects of hard water on our hair?

whenever i wash my hair (4b relaxed), my hair always feel hard afterwards. I don't know if its too much protein or if its the water... like maybe i'm rinsing the products out too much or something??? :ohwell:

When i go to the hairdresser sometimes my hair does this too, but it never ends the way it does whenever i do it... she knows how to fix the issue, but i wanna do my own hair and this is a concern of mine...

I think we do have hard water in my neighborhood in NYC. I put a Jonathan water filter in my shower a year ago and it's made a world of difference. They are expensive so I sign up for email alerts on beauty.com and drugstore.com then when they have promotions I use the coupons to purchase filter refills.

Back