Nubian Heritage (Shea Moisture sister line) BOGO @ Walgreens

SEMO

Hey all! I saw a few threads noting a current BOGO for Shea Moisture at CVS. So I thought that I'd mention that their sister line, Nubian Heritage, is having a BOGO at Walgreens. Through September 28th (I believe) it's buy one, get one free.

I originally purchased the EVOO & Moringa Repair & Extend Hair Butter and the EVOO & Moringa Repair & Extend Styling Custard.

I loved the butter on my ends (which have been acting up ever since I did this avocado and coconut protein treatment and trimmed my ends). Normally I seal my ends with oil, but it didn't seem to be helping my ends this summer. I couldn't even do wash n' go's. But the butter seemed to just smooth everything right on down.

So I went back and got another jar of the butter and a jar of their Indian Hemp & Tamanu Grow & Strengthen Treatment Masque (which can be used as a leave-in too).

I like that the like uses Ayurvedic products (like neem, moringa oil, henna and fennel). I've been curious about Ayurveda, but wasn't interested in becoming a mixtress.

I haven't used the products enough to do a true review of them, but I'm interested in trying them out and thought I'd pass along the BOGO info. :yep:

Update (as of 9/17):

I LOVE the EVOO & Moringa custard!! It moisturizes my hair like a really nice leave-in, but also lays my hair down amazingly well. It works better than any gel I've ever used to give me hold, with none of the crunchiness or hardness of a gel. I hate using gel and would only use it every blue moon if I especially needed to slick my hair down. But I can see myself using this at every styling session. It feels more like a heavy cream. I can't really describe it, but my hair loves it. It may be too soon to call it, but this is definitely looking like a holy grail for me (possibly along with the butter). :yep:

So I actually went back and got another of the E&M custard along with the Indian Hemp & Tamanu custard. And my ends are still loving the butter. I think sealing with butter is working much better than oil sealing for me.

Honestly, I'm debating whether I'll indulge in any more before the BOGO is off. :look: And to think I'd told myself earlier this summer that I was over product hoarding. :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks I have both the treatment masque the grow & strengthen custard and the hair butter I want to try the leave in and the regular condish

Thanks I have both the treatment masque the grow & strengthen custard and the hair butter I want to try the leave in and the regular condish

I'm planning to use the masque as a leave-in. It smells SO good! :lick:

Awww hayle.

I know. :lol: When I first went back to purchase more I didn't know the sale would be going on for a couple of weeks and thought about just going home empty-handed to try out the two products I already had. But since I was already in the store, and the masque smelled so good.... :look:

I have the Grow & Strengthen Treatment Masque but its too protein-y for me to use it as a leave in or more than every couple of months actually. I like it, but I have to use it with caution. Keratin is far down the list so I wonder why/how its so intense.

dang, i just used my walgreens gift card! lol...i have the grow & strengthen mask which i've only used as a leave in, and i like it! i have enough products, but i'm going to try to pick up some rain checks this week lol

dang, i just used my walgreens gift card! lol...i have the grow & strengthen mask which i've only used as a leave in, and i like it! i have enough products, but i'm going to try to pick up some rain checks this week lol

Are you a fine-haired natural?

I know you weren't asking me, but I consider myself a fine-haired natural and I've been loving the products I tried. The growth & strengthen mask does have keratin, so I won't be able to use it as a daily leave-in, but my hair does seem to really like it (and I tried it as both a leave-in and an overnight deep conditioning treatment).

I know you weren't asking me, but I consider myself a fine-haired natural and I've been loving the products I tried. The growth & strengthen mask does have keratin, so I won't be able to use it as a daily leave-in, but my hair does seem to really like it (and I tried it as both a leave-in and an overnight deep conditioning treatment).

Thanks for your reply! I'm glad it works for you. I can't wait to try them out and hope to get good results as well

This sounds promising! I didnt like the scents and performance of the shea moisture products ive tried. Im really intruiged by the custard. I would love a creamy product thhat could slick my hair back and have natural ingredients

This sounds promising! I didnt like the scents and performance of the shea moisture products ive tried. Im really intruiged by the custard. I would love a creamy product thhat could slick my hair back and have natural ingredients
Well I didn't care too much for Shea Moisture either (the 3 products I tried) and ended up giving them all away. So maybe these will work for you instead like they did for me. I'm almost afraid to hype the products up so much b/c I don't want all the PJ's to start cleaning out the store shelves. :lol:

SEMO thanks for the recommendation! i bought the custard and it worked beautifully in my hair.i was a little skeptical because you hair looks like its on the silky side.it doesnt really have to much of a smell which is a big plus for me! thanks. i will be buying up some more next payday!

I went last night. The n.h. evoo one was on clearance and bogo. there wasn't even a sign

It's funny that they were honoring the BOGO (and had the product on clearance) but didn't advertise it.

I feel like crying! Happy tears..because this line sounds wonderful..but sad tears because I have too many products! uggh

Well, you can always do what I do and give products away. I've given away a ton of products recently to family and friends b/c I want to try new stuff guilt-free. I felt guilty for wanting to get the Nubian Heritage custard, since I'd recently purchased two jars of the Let's Jam Custard. So I gave one of the jars away to friend who's natural. Problem solved! :lol:

SEMO thanks for the recommendation! i bought the custard and it worked beautifully in my hair.i was a little skeptical because you hair looks like its on the silky side.it doesnt really have to much of a smell which is a big plus for me! thanks. i will be buying up some more next payday!

Napp

Oh good! I'm glad you liked it. :) That custard is seriously my new favorite hair product. And I too am glad that it doesn't have a strong smell. I'm particular about the scents I like and would often rather things be unscented, than to have a smell I don't like (I've rejected using products because they smelled too fruity, since I don't like fruity scents).

I'm seriously forcing myself not to stockpile. But Walgreen's is calling my name and the BOGO is still on for a few more days. :look:

What have you guys bought? I went to two Walgreens and got LOTS of stuff, but couldn't find the taffy

just now seeing this, but yup... super fine!

i picked up the heat protect keratin leave in & spray, just incase i decide to flat iron or blowdry my hair more often this winter.

i also got the moringa butter...i love that its like a thick hair grease...i used it to seal my mom's ends when i did her twists, and it worked amazingly...cant wait to try it on my own hair when i wash it.

i got the edge taming taffy too. i havent used it, but i like the consistency, & i wanna try it as a sealant.

i forgot to get the raincheck from walgreens, but i got a couple rainchecks from cvs when they had bogo shea moisture & nubian heritage...although i havent seen nubian heritage in any cvs's around here. hopefully they get it soon. online the prices seemed to be a couple dollars cheaper for the nubian heritage at cvs, but in store the shea moisture is a few dollars more. i want to try the custards and the other masks.

just now seeing this, but yup... super fine!

i picked up the heat protect keratin leave in & spray, just incase i decide to flat iron or blowdry my hair more often this winter.

i also got the moringa butter...i love that its like a thick hair grease...i used it to seal my mom's ends when i did her twists, and it worked amazingly...cant wait to try it on my own hair when i wash it.

i got the edge taming taffy too. i havent used it, but i like the consistency, & i wanna try it as a sealant.

i forgot to get the raincheck from walgreens, but i got a couple rainchecks from cvs when they had bogo shea moisture & nubian heritage...although i havent seen nubian heritage in any cvs's around here. hopefully they get it soon. online the prices seemed to be a couple dollars cheaper for the nubian heritage at cvs, but in store the shea moisture is a few dollars more. i want to try the custards and the other masks.

Thanks! But honestly I've never gotten rain checks from walgreens (or anywhere else actually)...how does that work?

^^^If they don't have a product that they promoted as on sale on their shelves, you ask them for a raincheck for the product at the register and the manager makes one out for you. When they get it back in stock you turn in the raincheck and are allowed to purchase the item at the sale price- whether the item is still on sale or not.

^^^If they don't have a product that they promoted as on sale on their shelves, you ask them for a raincheck for the product at the register and the manager makes one out for you. When they get it back in stock you turn in the raincheck and are allowed to purchase the item at the sale price- whether the item is still on sale or not.

was so dang excited i forgot to get a raincheck for the taffy :perplexed

0_0
Where they do that at?! I mean...do they do this everywhere? I don't think anyone in my family knows about this lol (we're immigrants)

0_0
Where they do that at?! I mean...do they do this everywhere? I don't think anyone in my family knows about this lol (we're immigrants)

Yep pretty much any drugstore, grocery store, super center, department store offers rainchecks on sale items if they are not in stock. Clearance doesnt count, though.

Most stores do it, however, sometimes in the circular there's a disclaimer that will say "Sorry, no rainchecks". But that's usually on big ticket stuff like laptops at Best Buy. I still have a dusty five year old raincheck in my glove compartment for tuna fish from Publix. Maybe I'll put it out tomorrow and have a low fat lunch. :lol:

Back