NTM Silk Leave In for daily use

Junonia

Does any one use NTM w/o washing for daily use. I know it says on the bottle that you can use it on dry hair. I was thinking about using it about 2x a week (very little amount) as a protectant until spring. What do y'all think?

I use it for daily use and it is a great moisturizer. I keeps my hair moisturized all day. Sometimes I use it by itself or sometimes I'll mix it with another creamy leave-in. Other than that, I would recommend it.

Sylver2 and a few other ladies use is with no problem. Sylver2 talks about it in her fotki if you would like to read about it. Or you can PM her.

Keen said:
Sylver2 and a few other ladies use is with no problem. Sylver2 talks about it in her fotki if you would like to read about it. Or you can PM her.
I was just about to mention Sylver2 doing this. Whenever I think of NTM or hear anything about it, I instantly think of Sylver2.:lol:

Ineedhair said:
Does any one use NTM w/o washing for daily use. I know it says on the bottle that you can use it on dry hair. I was thinking about using it about 2x a week (very little amount) as a protectant until spring. What do y'all think?

I use it everyday to moisturize my hair...this is my staple moisturizer...I LOVE IT!!!!!! I use it on wet hair too.:)

Last edited:
I tried it this morning and my hair feels very soft. I will include this as part as my regimen. I am not sure if I will use it daily as a mosturizer. However, I'll start using it at least 2x a week and I'll see what happens from there:)

I use it on wet hair all the time. I mix a little in with a heat protector right before I blow dry. I also use some when I do wash and go's. I've had absolutely no problems :)

I use it when my hair is straight all the time on the length of my hair and it is a great moisterizer. Try it for awhile and see for yourself.

I have very fine baby fine hair and am wondering if the NTM is ok for my hair and won't make it heavy and flat.

tarheelgurl said:
I have very fine baby fine hair and am wondering if the NTM is ok for my hair and won't make it heavy and flat.

I have fine hair too and it doesn't make it flat and is not heavy at all! I like it alot, when my hair is straight.

tarheelgurl said:
Thanks Nice&Wavy. Have you ever used the Garnier Fructise sleek and shine? If you have which is better?

You are welcom. No, never used the sleek and shine, but used the curl and shine. Heard some good things about sleek and shine though.

I use everyday on dry hair as a moisturizer. It works best when I rub it in then immediately put satin scarf on it. 5 mins later style is smooth, sleek and hair is so soft & silky.

Is it water based? I'm looking for a non-water based leave-in to use. I'm thinking about giving hair drying a second chance:look:

MamaBraidedIt said:
Is it water based? I'm looking for a non-water based leave-in to use. I'm thinking about giving hair drying a second chance:look:

I have natural hair and when I use this when my hair is straight, it never, ever reverts...so my guess is is that its not water-based.

Back