NTM is just not for me

Junonia

I've been using the leave in for five months and I don't care for it. For some reason it makes my roots feel gummy. I thought maybe b/c I had a lot of NG but I barely have a 1/4 in and my roots still feel gummy. But it leaves the rest of my hair so very soft. I find this weird :confused:

I also tried the serum. I love the shine but it weighs my hair down. I will continue to use the serum when I am around 8 weeks post. I probably will need it to tame my NG.

I am disappointed b/c I know the board loves NTM. Now I feel like the odd ball on the board:ohwell: .

Ur not alone I didnt care for NTM either ... the leave-in was not detangling and the conditioners to me were mediocre.. but I remember the shampoo being ok... i realy wanted to like em too

I haven't tried it yet....so you aren't alone but Im curious as to why your natural hair doesn't like the product but your relaxed hair does...

I agree with the gummy feeling the leave in leaves on the new growth. I use to get that felling too, til I started using it alone. Just the leave in and the serum and it was much better. I found that I had to like use a lot though just to get that softness. And the serum is ok. I don't get much shine from it though.

It was just O K.

I decided that my hair just doesn't like leave ins...period.

I use it on my daughter's hair after I shampoo and condition and it works like a charm for her!

Blackoutzangel05 said:
I haven't tried it yet....so you aren't alone but Im curious as to why your natural hair doesn't like the product but your relaxed hair does...

I am not sure I was thinking I would need something lighter:ohwell: .

ShiShiPooPoo said:
It was just O K.

I use it on my daughter's hair after I shampoo and condition and it works like a charm for her!

I agree, but when I go to the salon they put a clear leave in my hair and it leaves my hair soft from root to tip. I will probably have to try a clear leave in like infusium.

ShiShiPooPoo said:
It was just O K.

I agree. Well, I use Qhemet's Sidr Tree Butter Balm as a leave after I detangle with Fermodyl 619. I cannot use leave-ins with 'cones. They do more harm than good over the long haul.

Like you, ineedhair, anything else makes my hair feel coated and sticky. I can even tell that it is less shiny. I know some would not consider a product like the Sidr Tree Butter a leave in because water is not the 1st ingredients, but it is very moisturizing for me. Actually I chronically over moisturize.

Last edited:
HoneyDew said:
I agree. Well, I use Qhemet's Sidr Tree Butter Balm as a leave after I detangle with Fermodyl 619. I cannot use leave-ins with 'cones. They do more harm than good over the long haul.

Like you, ineedhair, anything else makes my hair feel coated and sticky. I can even tell that it is less shiny. I know some would not consider a product like the Sidr Tree Butter a leave in because water is not the 1st ingredients, but it is very moisturizing for me. Actually I chronically over moisturize.

What are the ingredients in Sidr Tree butter and where do you get it from :sekret: A friend wants to know . . . :lol:

Ineedhair, I don't care for the NTM leave in either-- the cones in there are just ridiculous. I LOVE the cream lather shampoo though-- super moisturizing and gently cleanses. The Conditioner is okay, but the shampoo is something I wouldn't mind keeping on hand. I feel the same way about Aveda. It's a board favorite but my hair absolutely hated it. The breakage I got was off the chain. :nono: Back to my boo . . . Kenra.

Sistaslick said:
What are the ingredients in Sidr Tree butter and where do you get it from :sekret: A friend wants to know . . . :lol:

Ineedhair, I don't care for the NTM leave in either-- the cones in there are just ridiculous. I LOVE the cream lather shampoo though-- super moisturizing and gently cleanses. The Conditioner is okay, but the shampoo is something I wouldn't mind keeping on hand. I feel the same way about Aveda. It's a board favorite but my hair absolutely hated it. The breakage I got was off the chain. :nono: Back to my boo . . . Kenra.

I get it directly from Qhemet: http://www.qhemetbiologics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=STBB&Category_Code=

I think they sell it at other vendors,too.

Here are the ingredients:

Pure Mowrah Butter, Distilled Water, Organic Sidr Extract, Organic Aloe Africana, MSM Sulfur, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Emulsifier, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (Food Grade Preservative), Fragrance.

HoneyDew said:
I get it directly from Qhemet: http://www.qhemetbiologics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=STBB&Category_Code=

Pure Mowrah Butter, Distilled Water, Organic Sidr Extract, Organic Aloe Africana, MSM Sulfur, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Emulsifier, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (Food Grade Preservative), Fragrance.

Shoooo, looks pretty moisturizing to me.... :lol: My friend will love this. :look: :lol:

Sistaslick said:

The reason my hair fills gummy is b/c of cones? I never understood what the big deal was about cones/no cones. But if the reason why my roots feel gummy is b/c of cones, I do now.

I need a recommendation for a good leave in that does not leave my hair gummy and makes it feel really soft.

Sistaslick said:
Shoooo, looks pretty moisturizing to me.... :lol: My friend will love this. :look: :lol:

It is. I have been thinking of mixing it with something because I keep over-doing it. Or maybe I need to stop being so heavy handed.

But, you know I don't really like this stuff on dry hair. :look:

I used to feel that way, but I mixed it with some Profective Breakfree (the pink one) and my hair felt very moisurized.

I once used an entire bottle of NTM conditioner just to get rid of it. When I rinsed it out, my hair was still dry and full of tangles. I hate the entire NTM line.

HoneyDew said:

I've been wanting to try this product for a while now and this ingredient list is looking pretty good to me. it even has sulfur....but I am wondering is that going to be any good for the hair itself (not just the scalp)?

I am in the market for a new leave in also. I've tried hard to love NTM, but it only works well for me as a leave-in conditioner directly after washing, not as a daily-leave in. I like ORS Olive Oil Lotion, but daily use tends to weigh my hair down (I am heavy handed). I would really like something I can pick up in the store rather than having to order online. :ohwell:

ashiah said:
I once used an entire bottle of NTM conditioner just to get rid of it. When I rinsed it out, my hair was still dry and full of tangles. I hate the entire NTM line.

I am so mad at your siggie!!! :lol:

JazzyDez said:
I've been wanting to try this product for a while now and this ingredient list is looking pretty good to me. it even has sulfur....but I am wondering is that going to be any good for the hair itself (not just the scalp)?

I am in the market for a new leave in also. I've tried hard to love NTM, but it only works well for me as a leave-in conditioner directly after washing, not as a daily-leave in. I like ORS Olive Oil Lotion, but daily use tends to weigh my hair down (I am heavy handed). I would really like something I can pick up in the store rather than having to order online. :ohwell:

I hate having to order, as well. I buy 3 tubs at a time do I don’t have to keep doing it.

I even thought of trying to make my own leave in with some water, oils and butters. I am just too lazy :)

Back