NTM gets a thumbs down from me

LaNecia said:
:lol:, girl you are too much!

I recently purchased the Mask, Daily Deep Conditioner, Serum and last night the Leave in.

I really don't care for the Mask too much, perhaps will try using wiht the DDC (oh, so I'm a copy cat!). My hair LOVES the DDC, wish this was sold in larger quantities. The serum...any body want it? Yuck...not impressed. I've used Avon's Dry Ends Serum w/better results (and there's my still favorite Paul Mitchell Serum - Super Skinny. I haven't used the Leave-in Yet, will do after I do my wash and conditioning treatment today. I won't bother with the shampoo, the Elucence is the ONE for me...not even curious about any others! :nono:

I would say give the other products a try, who knows....you might find a new fave....
Ooooh, are you selling it? For how much?

I've tried three products from the NTM line (Silk Touch Leave-In, Healing Shine Serum and Cream Lather Shampoo), but only had success with the Healing Shine Serum. The shampoo left a film on my hair, and the leave-in left my hair feeling very dry. I tried spiking one bottle of my leave-in with olive oil to give it a lil' more moisture but it just didn't work out. I love the Healing Shine Serum because I can use it on wet and dry hair. I'll probably stick to using it on my dry hair because it's so nice and light, and finish up my bottle of John Frieda Relax Serum on my wet hair.

Cincysweetie said:
I think Mona's comments are all in good fun, not to be taken so seriously. Ladies, it's just hair! Just a product! Some will like, others will not...but I personally would not judge a whole line of products by one product, especially one that a lot have not had good experiences with. All the NTM threads have made it clear IMO that the Mask is a somewhat...controversial (for lack of a better term)...product. Why even start with that, or judge the whole line by that one? But again, it's just hair and one product. I would just hate for people to be turned off the entire line because of the Mask.

I guess I never cared about people being turned off to the entire line because I don't get any profits from it. I started with the Deep Conditioning Mask because that is normally the premier product in a line. Even if someone had stated that they didn't like it, most of the products on here get some mixed reviews. People loved Lacio, Lacio...I didn't. We all have different experiences with these hair products so I don't just assume that because one person had a problem that a certain product won't work for me, I hope the same is true for everyone else also.

Just used the shampoo, DDC, leave in and serum. I was not impressed with the shampoo (i like keracare hydrating better). I really liked the DDC. I didn't have to use a detanger after. I just detangled with my jilbere comb while rinsing the DDC out. I put the serum and leave in on my hair then rolled. My hair is so soft :D

angelbaby said:
I think I'll pass on the whole line. I'm sticking to Elucence. I shouldn't have to call some 800 number about something I buy in a drugstore that is for normal consumer use.

I don't think what I wrote was inflammatory. It's just a hair product.
When I first saw your title, I was upset because I thought you tried the whole line and got negative results. The title states that NTM gets a thumbs down, but for you its just the mask. It was misleading. I'm sorry that one product turned you off an entire line.
I personally do not use the mask or the shampoo and don't like them. Thank goodness I still tried the others or I would have never found my true love DDC.

sylver2 said:
When I first saw your title, I was upset because I thought you tried the whole line and got negative results. The title states that NTM gets a thumbs down, but for you its just the mask. It was misleading. I'm sorry that one product turned you off an entire line.

That's the point that I was trying to make. Thanks.

That's like when I tangled my hair using Affirm 5n1 and MotionsCPR - I mentioned that is what I used, but what happened was my fault...that combo did not agree with my hair. I didn't come and post...
Affirm bites the big one, because of one product I used. I didn't post Motions is crap, because of one product I used.

If I did that...I know that would touch a nerve in all users of Affirm and Motions products.

Disclaimer to all Affirm and Motions users: Actually, I think both of the products are great separately...I know not to experiment using them together. What occurred happened using my bad judgment.

Last edited:
Porsche19 said:
I didn't use the condioner for the same reason... didn't like how the ingredients looked. The shampoo is the only part of the line that I like. It's like CON but with less build up.

I unfortunately didn't have good results with these products either when I tried back in the fall...

angelbaby said:
The only good thing I have to say about this product is that it's cheap. I definitely won't be using it again.
I didn't think the mask was cheap at all (poor college student).

angelbaby said:
I was very skeptical about it when I saw all of the chemicals on the jar that I had never even heard of. I should have trusted my instincts and put it back on the shelf.
The chemicals on the jar are really common in haircare products but I understand what you are saying. I know you were thinking: "what in the world is ethyhexyl isononanote?" :lol:

I thought that the mask and the daily conditioner were ok but not worth the money. I didn't like the shampoo at all. I was so upset that I called Neutrogena up and complained. They said that they would send me whatever product I wanted so I asked for the Deep Recovery Hair Mask. I like mixing it with oil to stretch it out (a bit too thick for me).

angelbaby said:
I saw all the raves about NTM so I decided to try it. I didn't want to just buy all of the products before I knew how good they were so I decided to try the Deep Recovery Hair Mask first. BAAAAAAAD choice. I was very skeptical about it when I saw all of the chemicals on the jar that I had never even heard of. I should have trusted my instincts and put it back on the shelf. This stuff made my hair so dry and frizzy after shampooing. My hair felt rough and the new growth was less manageable. The only good thing I have to say about this product is that it's cheap. I definitely won't be using it again.

Don't feel bad. I don't care for majority of the NTM line myself. The shampoo is nice but the scent is making me ill.

What shampoo did you use it with? Sometimes product will react differently if used together. The daily deep conditioner worked really well as a condition wash for me.

nfynit_812 said:
Uh oh...last week when it was on sale at CVS, I bought the NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask too along with the shampoo because just like you, I've been hearing the rave reviews about it (I'm a PJ, can't help it!).

Haven't used it yet; when I take my braids out next week, I will use it in place of my Kenra MC...just this once to see if I like it.

I actually used it a few days ago....first off, the shampoo is just as good as the Kenra MC!!! It smells great and it didn't tangle my hair too much! I loved how it left my hair! And, I didn't use alot of the NTM Hair Mask and glad I didn't...my hair hasn't been this soft in a long time! NTM works for my hair!!! Lovin' it-and my hair is a 4a :)

nfynit_812 said:
I actually used it a few days ago....first off, the shampoo is just as good as the Kenra MC!!! It smells great and it didn't tangle my hair too much! I loved how it left my hair! And, I didn't use alot of the NTM Hair Mask and glad I didn't...my hair hasn't been this soft in a long time! NTM works for my hair!!! Lovin' it-and my hair is a 4a :)

Okay girl...I need you over at the NTM Users thread....why u over here in the NTM thumbs down territory? Correction, the NTM Mask thumbs down territory?:look:

Honi said:
What shampoo did you use it with? Sometimes product will react differently if used together. The daily deep conditioner worked really well as a condition wash for me.

I actually used the whole line and it didn't provide the moisture that I was hoping it would. I tried it on several occasions until I just tossed it and gave other salvageable products to cousins.

Champagne_Wishes said:
I actually used the whole line and it didn't provide the moisture that I was hoping it would. I tried it on several occasions until I just tossed it and gave other salvageable products to cousins.

You tried the Daily Deep Conditioner too??

nfynit_812 said:
Im sorry I just dont agree. Kenra MC left my hair like butta. This stuff is just aight and the smell makes me sick. Also, the mask was not that great. I am 4a/4b. I guess this is an example of how everyone's hair responds differently to different things.

tryn2growmyhair said:
Im sorry I just dont agree. Kenra MC left my hair like butta. This stuff is just aight and the smell makes me sick. Also, the mask was not that great. I am 4a/4b. I guess this is an example of how everyone's hair responds differently to different things.

I'll co-sign on that tryn2growmyhair...everyone's hair responds differently to different things. I tried the Kenra MC and I thought it was just aiight and not that great...:look:

Last edited:
MonaLisa said:
I'll co-sign on that tryn2growmyhair...everyone's hair responds differently to different things. I tried the Kenra MC and I thought it was just aiight and not that great...:look:
Yep, different strokes for different folks. :yep:

Back