Now usually I don't do this... but I need help. :-/

Solitude - I transitioned for a few months but when I went to BC, I wound up just cutting it down to maybe an inch.
March20114-vi.jpg

MrsJaiDiva - Hmm I need to look into cleansing conditioners. I think I watched a youtube video about one a while back. Need to revisit. I use Tresseme Naturals as one of my cowashing conditioners; never thought to use it as a leave in/moisturizer!! I will try it out.. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Take a look at the Curly Girl Handbook...it's a quick read, but it's very good!
Some good cleansing conditioners are:
Wen
Deva-Curl No Poo
HydroQuench Systems (on Etsy. She's terrible with her shipping, but her products are pretty good)
Curl Junkie

I'd say stop using shampoo, point blank period. There are so many cleansing conditioners on the market now...you jut have to find the one you like best. Then you don't really need to shampoo, unless your hair is just super full of product. Plus, because you're not stripping all of the moisture out of your hair with shampoo, you don't need to work as hard to put it all back in. I do a weekly hard protein DC, and co-cleanse 2-3x's a week. No need to do a moisture DC...if anything, only the protein is keeping me from moisture overload.

I also agree with using shampoo as a leave in. I oil rinse, and then use Tresseme Naturals...best leave-in ever. If its too much moisture, you can always dilute it in a spray bottle. I think this may be reducing my SSK problem as well....haven't had any issues since I started doing this.

MrsJaiDiva What type of hard protein do you use weekly?

Also, I'm pretty sure you meant conditioner as a leave-in, not shampoo.

MrsJaiDiva What type of hard protein do you use weekly?

Also, I'm pretty sure you meant conditioner as a leave-in, not shampoo.

Lol, yes...conditioner! I was making my boys breakfast & typing at the same time.:spinning:

I use MegaTek weekly. I mix it with other hard proteins, and amino's to give it some kick. The new formula wasn't getting the job done.

Everything everybody else said and...

1. Terressentials Mud Wash really cut down on my SSKs
2. Curlformers will make your hair straight without heat

HHG!

Back