Now that I have the cornrows completed - how do I wash them?

naturalmanenyc

It occurs to me that this cornrow style is allegedly going to last one month. How do I wash my hair while in cornrows?

Can I wash them, or will they get frizzy? I am able to get totally under the bun to get to my scalp without the bun coming apart, it's sewn together.

I looked for a dry shampoo in the BSS store today but the clerk had no idea what I was talking about.:perplexed

Last edited:
ORS has a dry shampoo

It's called Herbal Cleanse and it's purple (in case you want to try looking in the BSS again!) HTH

Cuuute style! :)

You can use the crown and glory method where you dilute a shampoo with water and pour it over your head, rinse, and then you use a diluted conditioner and rinse that out. Don't use high pressure water like a shower coz that'll mess up the style.

If you'd rather use dry shampoo the "Better Braids" brand makes one. Looking at your fotki photo style the dry shampoo might work better coz you have it done pretty intricately at the edges.

I've heard of some ladies cleaning their scalp with just a toner (Seabreeze, I think, was a popular one) and a cotton ball. :yep:

You could try all natural toners, like witch hazel. :yep: And if the WH is too drying still, you could add rose water. I have Thayer's rose water toner for my face and it's very gentle!

Back