November Christmas Stretch Club Update

Hey Ladies!

I am officially dropping out the Christmas Stretch Club as of tonite. I will be relaxing my 11 weeks post new growth. I look like a scarecrow walking around at school with all this new growth matted to my head!:eek: :lol: :lachen: I just can't take it anymore and my head is itchin like you don't even knoe! I hope I have some noticeable differences. Pics updated this weekend!;)

Divine Inspiration said:
Girl you ain't neva lied! I know folks are straight doggin this head of mine. I've got almost 4 full inches of new growth and I know people are lookin at my roots like :eek: and thinkin "Is she that broke?" "Has she let herself go?" I let them say what they will b/c they gone be lookin cross eyed and long faced when I'm whippin this freshly relaxed mane around come Christmas. And I will be whippin and flippin, please believe! :lol:
I have the shrinkage issues too...it's lookin all short and shrunk up but I might go get a shampoo/style at the salon before Thanksgiving just to reward myself for going so long without direct heat and pressin on through this stretch.
Hang in there girl! You gotta keep the excitement factor above 5 :lol:

Divine Inspiration said:
Welcome to the club! Get cho scretch on girl! (my country grand-aunt, not grandma, but grandaunt, says scretch instead of stretch)

DI you have me cracking up over here :lol: :lol:

Divine Inspiration said:
Hmmm...how much time is it takin you to go from dry to dry and what do you believe is the most time-consuming portion of the process?

The whole process takes me forever - probably in total about 1.5hr. The detangling takes the longest time once I have finished washing.

pradalover said:
The whole process takes me forever - probably in total about 1.5hr. The detangling takes the longest time once I have finished washing.

Hmmm...lemme see here...

I usually spend 5-10 minutes doing a thorough rinse
Then I spend another 5-10 minutes applying con cocktail and working it through
Then I sit under the dryer for a minimum of 20 min
Rinsing the con cocktail takes 5 min
Then I detangle & apply leave-ins, that's 10 min
Then I airdry or sit under the dryer for a lil while to expedite the process...

So that's an hour at the most not including drying time. 1.5 hr sounds reasonable to me...maybe if you left the con on for less time... :confused:
I'm not sure if we CO wash the same way though so your process may be different...care to share?

I fell off the wagon today and got a touch up.... but the great news is my hair looks great and it grew a lot. Sorry ladies, i just couldn't take the shedding any more.

Taij said:
Girl we are all in this togetha!!! Its ok because

1.I feel like folks are saying , "she needs a touchup" behind my back. Yeah well they'll be saying something else when you finish the challenge,get a perm and have all of this nice new healthy length. I'm sure you know what they'll be sayin ;)

2. the length of my hair when wet looks oddly shorter than it did when I first started seeing a lot of new growth.
I have been experiencing the same thing! At first I was upset, then discouraged then I remembered that it is the new growth that is shrinking underneath causining the perm hair to "lift" a little.

3.I haven't been breaking.[/
This is good! YOu haven't been breaking? That means more length when you finnally perm.

Hang on girl! YOu have an army of other ladies and an awesome pres. stretching right along whitcha! :)

I totally agree. Mine seems shorter but thats cause of the new growth. I'm 10weeks post now, and looking to relax at 13. I wont have time to do it at 12 because of exams and all. Looking forward to swinging and rocking my shoulder length mane in dec!!

I'm glad someone updated this thread, b/c I've had thoughts of relaxing for the past 12 or so hours. I'm only 8 weeks post! This dry heat in the house is killin my hair. (OK.... and I've gotten lazier.)
This thread has given me a renewed spirit. I'm going to do a moopoo today and deep condition WITH HEAT today. I haven't been using heat either. My hair is like 'what the heck is going on with this no heat, no perm stuff.' I see it's thirssssttttyyyyy though. Gotta get back on the ball b4 it starts fallin out.
Thanks for the support and advice ladies!

RootPunch said:
I'm glad someone updated this thread, b/c I've had thoughts of relaxing for the past 12 or so hours. I'm only 8 weeks post! This dry heat in the house is killin my hair. (OK.... and I've gotten lazier.)
This thread has given me a renewed spirit. I'm going to do a moopoo today and deep condition WITH HEAT today. I haven't been using heat either. My hair is like 'what the heck is going on with this no heat, no perm stuff.' I see it's thirssssttttyyyyy though. Gotta get back on the ball b4 it starts fallin out.
Thanks for the support and advice ladies!

Hang in there girl
throw in a lil heat if u have to, I've to either flat iron my roots today or go to the dominicans 2morrow to get a doobie. At least that should take me for next 3 weeks to get me to 13wks

MTG is helping me in this challange. Eventhough my hair is a thick mess, I don't want to stop my MTG so I just keep going and going and going. I know I'm going to have to back of for about two weeks so my scalp won't burn. But I think that could mean 1/4 inch of growth. ;)

Hey everyone! Originally, I had planned to go to 16 weeks, up to December 17, but then I changed my mind because I have a few things to go to the week or so before, and my hair MUST look nice, so i decided that i'd relax two weeks early, on december 3rd...

but my gosh... the other day, my hair was SOOOO dry! lots of shed hairs and I was like 'no way am i going to do this' it seems that after 12 weeks, things get so hard that it's unbearable. So, I decided that i'm relaxing tomorrow. I feel terrible about myself when i'm walking around with my fuzzy head with new growth that doesn't wanna lay down. Many times when I'm at school, I go to the bathroom and use some water to lay my hair down, but then it dries out again and looks terrible.

So, last night I washed my hair. Another reason for ending my stretch is that i'm running out of ALL my products and the fact that i'm far into the stretch, I need a heck of a lot of products to keep me going. I need to restock but I don't have money right now, especially since I have to go get a touch-up at the salon. I want my hair to be manageable enough so that the little bit I have right now can carry me on for another two weeks while I gather my products.
So yeah, I clarified, did a protein treatment, use the detangler, etc. Then I used most of the rest of my rusk smoother and headress and I blowdried my hair. YES, i blowdried, b/c i didnt wanna airdry and have it tangled so that the stylist can rip through it, you know? then I SLATHERED ON some EQP mango butter so that my hair can be soft enough to comb, and did three braids. I'm going to slather on some more mango butter to carry me on to tomorrow for the touch-up. I'm excited. I hope to be at midback tomorrow :)

Glad to Hear Lisa! :)
lisajames96 said:
Good Morning,

Checking in...
Hang in there ladies! I am having a time because I started a no heat challenge before starting this one...haha...so I got a soft birds nest under my relaxed hair, and I don't use heat on it. My nausea is not a bad as it was a few weeks ago, so I will be using my scurl again and I will try the silicon mix again. I know they work, so these last few weeks should be smooth if I can stand the smell. I will be bunning my hair 99% of the time until the end anyway. Also, I think I may have sacrificed some length because I let my hair get too dry some days when I didn't wet it, and I experienced some tangles and breakage. So we will see on Dec 31st. If I remember(or feel like it) I will take a couple of pics of my new growth. I am almost 13 weeks post relaxer.
-lisa

I'm still stretching! I'm 8 wks 2 days post. I did Aphogee/Elasta Breakage mix followed by generic Humectress and my hair feels wonderful:D . I try to spritz with water twice daily then follow with either Breakfree or mango butter, then seal it with carrot oil or WHO.
Normally I can't comb my roots at this point but I'm so optimistic. I only need 5 more weeks so say a hair prayer for me!!!

I am out, My crown had sufferd alot of damage/breakage , this is the coarsest part of my hair, so it is very prone to breakage insipte of the all the moisture & all its still breaks.Could not take it all so I had to relax & a serious trim.

i'm out as of yesterday. I went and got my hair relaxed with Motions lye relaxer, then rollerset. All that for only $25! isn't that great?!

my hair looks a little thin right now, but the hair close to my scalp always looks like that when i first relax anyway. Within a week, the thickness I have (which isn't over the top, anyway) will come back. This is the best relaxer I've had since March, probably, or maybe in a year! b/c this past year I was using no-lye and it messed up my hair and scalp: underprocessed hair, tangles, shedding, etc. So far, none of that right now so i'm happy. I'm also at midback (24"), which is right below my brastrap. I also didn't get a trim. My ends look fine :yay:

I MIGHT stretch for 15 weeks this time, up to March 11, 2006, which is two weeks before my senior prom. I hope to be at 26" then :grin:

CarLiTa said:
i'm out as of yesterday. I went and got my hair relaxed with Motions lye relaxer, then rollerset. All that for only $25! isn't that great?!

my hair looks a little thin right now, but the hair close to my scalp always looks like that when i first relax anyway. Within a week, the thickness I have (which isn't over the top, anyway) will come back. This is the best relaxer I've had since March, probably, or maybe in a year! b/c this past year I was using no-lye and it messed up my hair and scalp: underprocessed hair, tangles, shedding, etc. So far, none of that right now so i'm happy. I'm also at midback (24"), which is right below my brastrap. I also didn't get a trim. My ends look fine :yay:

I MIGHT stretch for 15 weeks this time, up to March 11, 2006, which is two weeks before my senior prom. I hope to be at 26" then :grin:

CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!!! I was gonna get my relaxer this Friday, but I don't have a stylist yet... :(

You did really well!!! I need to start a thread for everyone to update b/c the stretch is coming to an end... :look:

I am at week 14. I did a blowdry and flat iron for thanksgiving and I was so PLEASED with my LENGTH! (even though it only lasted for a couple hours before the new growth started shrinking back up again) I also had quite a few questions and stares from family members at dinner because they couldn't believe the length of my hair since they'd last seen it out! (been bunning it for a year) I even had 3 different cousins ask me what I was doing to get the kind of growth I'd gotten. So, I am excited about relaxing the week of the 17th but to be honest....I'm contemplating going a little earlier (maybe at 15 weeks instead of the 16 week mark)

Back