November 2016: Hits & Misses

Miss--Stash is too much

Even though I'm not a PJ anymore I still have a burnch of stuff!! :pullhair: Tonight I will be putting the stuff I've accumulated (while away from home) in a box for stowing off of my bedroom floor and out of my sight!

Hit--Having enough stash that I don't need to buy anything...because I have every type of thing I need.

Hit & Miss: Honey's Handmade vanilla chai happy hair milk leave-in (limited edition)

Smells great, very moisturizing and it's thick and creamy which makes it a perfect fall and winter leave-in fort me. It's another one of those products that I want to stick in the back of the closet and save forever.

But I can't understand why she chose to put it in a spray bottle. It's a thick lotion so I have to take the top off to get it out.

The biggest part of the miss: her poor customer service and it was limited edition.

Hits (11 months postpartum, getting my hair and scalp back to normal):

JASON Normalizing Tea Tree Shampoo - working wonders on my dry, itchy postpartum scalp
Biosilk Hydrating Therapy Conditioner
Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Conditioner
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm

LOC Method totally transformed my hair!
L - KC Knot Today
O - Dabur Vatika Oil, sometimes MoroccanOil Treatment
C - The Mane Choice Butter

Misses:
Goldwell Kerasilk Treatment (used to work well for me, not anymore)
Hairveda Whipped Creme Leave-In (but will try again)

Gotta list these before I start forgetting:

Hit: Abba Color Protect Shampoo

It said it strengthens hair and it really does. I only lost a few hairs while shampooing. Like literally... a few. However...

Miss: Abba Color Protect Conditioner after the shampoo

I used this conditioner earlier this year and it made my hair so, so slippy... but that was after a chelating shampoo. I'll apply more next time (it foams a little so maybe I just used too little) and see what it does. The matching shampoo is sulfate free so that may have something to do with it. I notice conditioners all around seem to work better after you've stripped everything from you hair.

Meh hit: Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In

It worked about as well as other easier to find, cheaper detanglers. It was good but not stellar.

Hit but miss: Brocato Miracle Cloud 9 Treatment

Hit because my hair felt nice (medium softness and somewhat stronger) but I am really trying to phase out my frequent use of parabens and formaldehyde releasers in my products. I was sick for a while and realized I've not been taking care of myself 360 like I should've and I'm not going to go crazy-all-natural-everything but I need to start acclimating myself to my old health practices and building on those.

Miss: All things AG

I bought 2 shampoos and 1 conditioner from this brand and every single one of them made my hair feel dehydrated, fragile and hard. I gave this brand more chances than I give any ordinary brand but nope.

Hit, Miss, Hit

Naturalista Juicy. I liked it when I had a sample but disliked it when I purchased the full size. My hair simply didn't feel moisturized.

I revisited it and had great luck with spraying my hair with liquid and then using the Naturalista moisturizer on top. My braids are very moisturized and feel great so I'm enjoying it as a product again.

Back