NOURI EDGE STICK

ChasingBliss

Sorry if this has already been posted...

Ever since I've started my transition journey (6 months in) my edges will not lie down. I have a barely visible (but enough to annoy the hell out of me) fine curly fuzz going on mostly on the top part. They never lay down no matter what gel I use. I was even considering lightly relaxing that area. But I knew deep down inside that is NOT what I wanted to do. I am done with relaxers period. The rest of my new growth is almost 3 inches of beautiful deep waves that get longer as my hair grows out. That keeps me faithful to my journey....

I was doing some research and I came across this. Does anyone know about it or have one? It looks promising and I may treat myself to a last minute christmas gift.

http://www.nouritress.com/edgestick/edgestick.html

eta: Too bad I found this only AFTER I came whome with a brand new electric pressing comb.

I have the Jibere one from Sally's and it's just so so on my hair. I'm 4 months post relaxer and needed something also to help lay the edges down too. I find that I get better results with my 1 inch flat iron because the little teeth on the edge iron keep catching my naps.

Sorry if this has already been posted...

Ever since I've started my transition journey (6 months in) my edges will not lie down. I have a barely visible (but enough to annoy the hell out of me) fine curly fuzz going on mostly on the top part. They never lay down no matter what gel I use. I was even considering lightly relaxing that area. But I knew deep down inside that is NOT what I wanted to do. I am done with relaxers period. The rest of my new growth is almost 3 inches of beautiful deep waves that get longer as my hair grows out. That keeps me faithful to my journey....

I was doing some research and I came across this. Does anyone know about it or have one? It looks promising and I may treat myself to a last minute christmas gift.

http://www.nouritress.com/edgestick/edgestick.html

eta: Too bad I found this only AFTER I came whome with a brand new electric pressing comb.

What styles are you wearing where you need your edges to be straight? Are you straightening throughout your transition?

I think buns and braid outs look fine with a bit of fuzz. My edges down with some gel and a scarf, but the may frizz a bit throughout the day. I think it's cute.

I don't understand the obsession with straight, slick edges. I don't think it even looks that great to be all super slick. Then again, maybe I just don't have the same issue.

I'm not transitioning but my hair does best when it's wet or damp (as far as gelling it down) and left to set under a scarf. I use a leave-in and Ecostyler. Stays put all day.

What styles are you wearing where you need your edges to be straight? Are you straightening throughout your transition?

I think buns and braid outs look fine with a bit of fuzz. My edges down with some gel and a scarf, but the may frizz a bit throughout the day. I think it's cute.

Yeah, I'm wearing mostly buns. I like your attitude about it....I guess I can kind of look at it like that too.

I don't understand the obsession with straight, slick edges. I don't think it even looks that great to be all super slick. Then again, maybe I just don't have the same issue.

ok thanks...

I did 2 reviews on the edgestick, here's the latest one.

http://newlynatural.com/blog/2011/10/edgestick-review-the-remix/

I do suggest you find some non heat ways to smooth your edges though.

Thanks KCcurly, I'm going to read it now :yep:

Ok, I read it. Only thing is that my comp at work wont show the pics. My only issue is my edges, I have several textures of hair on my head...my nape never needs anything. In fact I've never even relaxed my nape. But I was used to having a smooth hairline. I'll get over it eventually I guess. I certainly dont want to get into any bad habits.

Last edited:
Back