Not moisture and protein, but Balance???

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I think I've mastered my moisture/protein balance, which is LHCF 101, but what do I do when my hair is in between? Do you guys mix products? Thanks to ceramides my hair remains in its happy medium much longer :drunk:. I just don't know what to do when my hair doesn't feel too dry or too weak but definitely needs a wash. Co-washing helps. What do you guys do??

keyawarren, My hair is fairly balanced too, so what I do is, do 2 weeks straight, of Light Protein, then 2 weeks straight of just moisture, and just fluxuate back and forth, washing and DCing every week, of course! Or just do what you've been, since thats what got you to this balanced medium anyway!

May I ask, what Ceramide products do you use?

I use Nutiva Hemp seed oil mixed into my DC 1-2 times a month as my ceramide treatment. I use wheatgerm oil on my body. Right now I'm DC'ing with SAA+Aloe Vera mixed into a neutral conditoner. I didn't know what else to do since my hair felt great, but was dirty, lol :/

keyawarren

aren't ceramides the bomb!!!!!, My hair reacts the same way. I would say keep doing what you are if its working for you, sometimes change can throw things off.

@keyawarren, I use ORS Replenish Conditioner, It comes in those little Yellow Packets, but they also sell it in a bottle size, which comes out cheaper! It gives me just enough protein, I have protein sensitive hair, so this one is perfect for me, it gives me just enough protein, but not too much and it gives a whole lot of moisture, and the "Slip" is magnificent, its Great! :lick:

Last edited:
i havent tried ceremides yet but i plan to in the future. I also agree that you should continue to do whatever has been working for you :yep:

Back