not fair

Girls,

We had database corruption on one of the tables of our board database and that prohibited the board to function properly. Thanks to Beverly I managed (even after all these hours) to come and fix it.

Database corruption although not frequent it does happen on boards as big as ours so all we can do is repair it when it happens.

These last few months I have been very rarely online due to some problems but that will change in the next few weeks since I am going to have a permanent dsl line at home (hopefully) and will be able to monitor the situation better.

I have also optimized the database to speed things up a bit.

I apologize for all the inconvenience and frustration caused by the downtime.

I really do apologize. I agree if you pay for a service it should work well.

None of the mod's or admin work at this site full time. In fact the mod's volunteer.

As I have explained in the past, the fee goes to the hosting, and any maintenance (software upgrades - which happen yearly) consultation fees that are paid for technical expert (s) who work on the site. In the past, it was not a popular idea for us to increase the fee, and to be on this site 25/7, so it was decided to keep things as they were. However, I am investigating other alternatives for improved reliability.

If anybody wants a refund, please send an email to the paypal email address that you paid with and I will close your account and issue a refund.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks y'all. I for one can understand that things like this happen, and it'll be fixed in time. The board won't be down forever! Go do something else. I don't think people should start asking for their money back or anything like that. I'm happy with the service I'm getting for the $5 I paid.

dimopoulos said:
Girls,

We had database corruption on one of the tables of our board database and that prohibited the board to function properly. Thanks to Beverly I managed (even after all these hours) to come and fix it.

Database corruption although not frequent it does happen on boards as big as ours so all we can do is repair it when it happens.

These last few months I have been very rarely online due to some problems but that will change in the next few weeks since I am going to have a permanent dsl line at home (hopefully) and will be able to monitor the situation better.

I have also optimized the database to speed things up a bit.

I apologize for all the inconvenience and frustration caused by the downtime.
I think the biggest complaint is that ususally when the board acts up (which really is a lot more than any other message board I frequent), no one bothers to respond or acknowledge us when we ask about it; we try to get into the board and we are locked out and we just want to know if it's US or the board and we figure out on our own how to access the faulty boards if possible and still no response from mods or admin.
I think this is the first time we heard from anyone to give us an explaination AS it's happening rather than us being chastised later simply for wondering what is going on.
Your coming on here and giving an answer helps tremendously with calming members down and easing frusteration; that's what we expect from admin- that's what it is supposed to do, give answers to problems, not just lock threads when they get out of hand.

mermaid said:
I think the biggest complaint is that ususally when the board acts up (which really is a lot more than any other message board I frequent), no one bothers to respond or acknowledge us when we ask about it; we try to get into the board and we are locked out and we just want to know if it's US or the board and we figure out on our own how to access the faulty boards if possible and still no response from mods or admin.
I think this is the first time we heard from anyone to give us an explaination AS it's happening rather than us being chastised later simply for wondering what is going on.
Your coming on here and giving an answer helps tremendously with calming members down and easing frusteration; that's what we expect from admin- that's what it is supposed to do, give answers to problems, not just lock threads when they get out of hand.

To reply to the bolded area, I dont think mods/admin is intentionally ignoring such questions. Maybe the threads asking such questions have been overlooked or maybe there wasnt a mod/admin on the board at the time the board started acting up.
As to answering a question concerning what is wrong with the board when it starts acting up, I for one dont have a clue what is wrong with the board, and dont have the type access to find out why, I dont think any of the mods do, but admin may, it think.....

Back