Not All Stylists Are Bad!! Rep Your Stylist Here!!

guitan25

I don't post much but i just have to give my new stylist a shout out.

After being natural for 7 years now, I've decided to wear my 4b hair mostly straight.

Of course the challenge was finding a stylist that I liked that did not break the bank. I live in Atlanta and LOVE Too Groovy but a visit there every 2 weeks could really put me in the poor house.:spinning:

So after researching and testing different stylists throughout the year, I FINALLY found someone who is REALLY into HEALTHY hair, does not trim too much and makes my hair look amazing. She uses the Too Groovy technique since she was trained by Robin (former owner of Too Groovy). Pics below:

photo_1-2.JPG
[/IMG]
photo_1-2_zps0e42baa4.jpg

photo_2-1.JPG
[/IMG]
photo_2-1trr_zps739e5964.jpg

My natural hair is in my siggy and believe me, it is straight up 4b. If anyone in Atlanta needs a "healthy hair" stylist, give Aeisha a try. Contact info (404-993-7292).She works out of a salon near langford parkway currently but may be switching to somewhere bigger soon since her clientele is growing.

If You have a stylist you love and adore, post about them here so we all know where the healthy hair stylists are. Feel free to post pics. :yep:

Last edited:
:gorgeous: hair! Nice and healthy!

What is the Too Groovy technique? Is that like a Deva Cut, or Ouidad Slice & Carve? What is it? I've never heard of it.

guitan25

:gorgeous: hair! Nice and healthy!

What is the Too Groovy technique? Is that like a Deva Cut, or Ouidad Slice & Carve? What is it? I've never heard of it.

@guitan25
It's called the ceramic fusion technique where they condition your hair under a steamer (supposedly to force moisture into the hair strands) and afterwards use ceramic tools (blow dryer and flatiron) to straighten the hair .

I just want to give a shout out to Paul Miller salon in Hollywood, FL, for the excellent work he and his stylists do for my hair. While he is Afro Caribbean, he has a large and diverse clientele, and he and his staff are very open to healthy hair practices. He actually believes in stretching relaxers, always uses heat protectant when doing blowouts on natural hair, does not trim hair if it's in good condition unless you ask him to, and he only takes off the bare minimum at that if you are growing your hair out. He only uses Paul Mitchell products, and his staff is just as meticulous and well trained as he is. He's not cheap, but he's worth it. :yep:

If anyone is in Edmonton, Canada, I want to recommend Tusha at Ebony and Ivory. She has natural hair and is from Mozambique. She's an awesome stylist, can do all types of hair and LISTENS. She's extra careful applying relaxers.

Anyone in Montreal, Canada should definitely check inHAIRitance. They do not relax hair there though, they mainly focus on natural/transitioning hair. They sell all of our favorite products too.

https://www.facebook.com/inhairitance.ca

I just want to give a shout out to Paul Miller salon in Hollywood, FL, for the excellent work he and his stylists do for my hair. While he is Afro Caribbean, he has a large and diverse clientele, and he and his staff are very open to healthy hair practices. He actually believes in stretching relaxers, always uses heat protectant when doing blowouts on natural hair, does not trim hair if it's in good condition unless you ask him to, and he only takes off the bare minimum at that if you are growing your hair out. He only uses Paul Mitchell products, and his staff is just as meticulous and well trained as he is. He's not cheap, but he's worth it. :yep:
koolkittychick Can you PM me his info? I need a good stylist that can work with transitioning hair. I'm not currently in FL but will be there in June 2014 (getting married) and I'm already stressing the stylist :lol:

Edit: Or is this it? http://www.paulmillerhair.com/

Last edited:
Anyone in Montreal, Canada should definitely check inHAIRitance. They do not relax hair there though, they mainly focus on natural/transitioning hair. They sell all of our favorite products too.

https://www.facebook.com/inhairitance.ca

@koolkittychick Can you PM me his info? I need a good stylist that can work with transitioning hair. I'm not currently in FL but will be there in June 2014 (getting married) and I'm already stressing the stylist :lol:

Edit: Or is this it? http://www.paulmillerhair.com/

That's the one! :yep:

I don't post much but i just have to give my new stylist a shout out.

After being natural for 7 years now, I've decided to wear my 4b hair mostly straight.

Of course the challenge was finding a stylist that I liked that did not break the bank. I live in Atlanta and LOVE Too Groovy but a visit there every 2 weeks could really put me in the poor house.:spinning:

So after researching and testing different stylists throughout the year, I FINALLY found someone who is REALLY into HEALTHY hair, does not trim too much and makes my hair look amazing. She uses the Too Groovy technique since she was trained by Robin (former owner of Too Groovy). Pics below:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

My natural hair is in my siggy and believe me, it is straight up 4b. If anyone in Atlanta needs a "healthy hair" stylist, give Aeisha a try. Contact info (404-993-7292).She works out of a salon near langford parkway currently but may be switching to somewhere bigger soon since her clientele is growing.

If You have a stylist you love and adore, post about them here so we all know where the healthy hair stylists are. Feel free to post pics. :yep:

Hi ladies:
I live in southeast Houston. I am currently wearing a sew-in for protective styling. Looking for a professional stylist that is a good weaveoligist as well as someone that is into healthy hair while I'm wearing a sew-in.

TIA
Ann

Back