Nooooooooo

Amour

I'm tempted to relax :perplexed

I'm like 8.5 months into my transition and i'm soo tempted to relax, sometime soon... :perplexed

I'd like to be natural but the transitioning progress is soo long,and I'm not seeing much of my growth. I blowdried and flat ironed in the week, and I really missed my straight hair.... aggh why can't I have both!?!

you can just give it more time(have both)...noooooooo dont do it...i just started so your an inspiration to me..but cant you find or use some products or maybe try a blowout??? just some ideas...just trying to help...

Last edited:
KissKiss said:
I'm tempted to relax :perplexed

I'm like 8.5 months into my transition and i'm soo tempted to relax, sometime soon... :perplexed

I'd like to be natural but the transitioning progress is soo long,and I'm not seeing much of my growth. I blowdried and flat ironed in the week, and I really missed my straight hair.... aggh why can't I have both!?!

Part of the rehab (smile) is to remove yourself from situations that would cause you to be tempted... get some pictures of some natural hairstyles.... Look at some natural hair albums. You've come so far! You've made it past the half-year mark! You're on your way!

bluediamond0829 said:
you can just give it more time(have both)...noooooooo dont do it...i just started so your an inspiration to me..but cant you find or use some products or maybe try a blowout??? just some ideas...just trying to help...

thanks... think I will try a professional blowout for some versality (sp?)... think I need to get my PJism back and try out some new products, thats another thing, I do have any useful products to help make styling easier, especially to detangle, best thing so far has been profectiv leave in (pink tub) but its not great. And because of the relaxed ends, I have to always wear my hair up and to get it up I always need to slather on tons of grease, gel, curl moisturiser (which leaves me with alot of build up) and alot of combing and brushing... although my primary style is sew ins, so at least at that time its easier...

RelaxerRehab said:
Part of the rehab (smile) is to remove yourself from situations that would cause you to be tempted... get some pictures of some natural hairstyles.... Look at some natural hair albums. You've come so far! You've made it past the half-year mark! You're on your way!

Thanks for the motivation, this is what I need I was about to go stalk some natural albums, cuz I know I want to be natural without a doubt but the process is tough!!!

Hey, sis, I've gone natural and relaxed 6X. I wish I were more patient because I could've had APL or brastrap natural hair by now. 8 months is a great milestone. If you want strait hair why not get a maxiglide? My hair is short, so I can't use one yet. If you have enough hair for a ponytail, you can use it, no problem. That way, you can have both worlds. I am going to be rooting for you!:D

i wasnt really for sure if the suggestions i gave were good or not...i mean i havent exactly been in your shoes so i cant speak from experience..but just dont give up..u have come so far 8.5 months is alot...and im sure it is frustrating and like RelaxerRehab said go and stalk some naturals albums/magazines/books whatever will get you over this...

You're right about where I was when I decided to BC. I cut off those relaxed ends nine months into my transition. I had grown 5" of natural hair by then, enough to work with. My two year "nappy-versary" is a few days away and I haven't looked back. Hang in there, girl!

Awww, I just wanna hug you.:kiss: I'm transitioning and it took me forever to learn how to detangle this mess and I'm still learning. I'm trying to find new products that work well with this new hair that I have. I'm still getting to know this new texture and I'm sure that when it grows I'll have to learn more about how to deal with the new amount/length of hair. So you're still learning and you'll get frustrated but eventually you'll be a pro and newbies like me will be coming to you for your expertise!!! Hang in there! You're an inspiration to have lasted this long!!!!! Think about how much fun it'll be to run your hands thru natural hair from root to ends!!!! You can do it!!!!!!!

You ladies are incredible (every single one of

you :). It's soo hard but I'm coping and trying to solider on through, I know I wouldn't relax or better still can not relax. I've had too many nightmares of someone relaxing me without me realising and although they have been distressing :look: they have helped, because its enabled me to realise how frustrated, no.. more like, angry, disappointed and damm right depressed I would be.. so i'm still continuing to embrace the journey, its hard because i'm at a time where I should be seeing major improvements and was just learning how to maintain my hair to retain length etc and now i gots to start all over...

but all of your have been very encouraging and if it werent for all of you inspiring fotkis, tips, suggestions, recommendations and most important words of encouragement, i don't know where I would be...

Thanks again :kiss: :kiss:

Back