Noodlehead & Curl Creme Users....

EXSQUISIT

I have the BTZ Noodlehead, but my hair always comes out a hot mess after using it. Am I using too much? I put some on each section, and that's usually about 5-6 sections. Also, when you are using these curl defining products, what is your technique? Are you applying them to drenched hair along with a leave in of some kind, or are you just using them alone? The crunch I get is just not right, and the curls in the back always look better than the ones in the front. The only way I can make my hair look decent is in a braidout. Please help. Thanks.

When i first started using noodlehead, it defined my curls well, but it left my hair a little hard. of course, i could've been a little excited and used too much. hehe, I don't know.
but anyway, i started putting on ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion first. Then Noodlehead. this left my hair nice and soft plus i had well defined curls from the noodlehead. recently i started sealing my hair with ORS Olive Oil Anti-Frizz Serum or just plain old EVOO to lock in the moisture. The result: soft, shiny, well defined curls.:)

oh btw, this is my very first post.:yay:
I finally decided to join after lurking for about a month!

Noodlehead never worked for me. I have a mix of 3c/4a texture. It's a case where what might work for you, may not work for some. My best curl def. comes from using pantene hydrating curls ( the leave in), Fantasia IC gel w sparkelites,and leave in conditioner and water.

I tried Noodlehead and didn't like it. :nono: I think my hair was either dry or crunchy, I can't remember. Honestly I get the best curl definition when I use either curl activator gel or just leave in some Suave conditioner. My hair stays soft all day.

My hair turned crunchy also, and my curl definition wasn't that wonderful either. I think I'm going to try plan cheapie conditioners and maybe lightly gel my hair or just a plain conditioner and see. I swear! At least it's a challenge.

ms_jennifer said:
I have the BTZ Noodlehead, but my hair always comes out a hot mess after using it. Am I using too much? I put some on each section, and that's usually about 5-6 sections. Also, when you are using these curl defining products, what is your technique? Are you applying them to drenched hair along with a leave in of some kind, or are you just using them alone? The crunch I get is just not right, and the curls in the back always look better than the ones in the front. The only way I can make my hair look decent is in a braidout. Please help. Thanks.

I know that the price is just retarded, but have you tried MJ Curly Pudding? I made a modified version of the recipe on the recipe board and it turned out pretty dag swell.

DDtexlaxd said:
Noodlehead never worked for me. I have a mix of 3c/4a texture. It's a case where what might work for you, may not work for some. My best curl def. comes from using pantene hydrating curls ( the leave in), Fantasia IC gel w sparkelites,and leave in conditioner and water.

Wow I use the exact same peoducts as you for curl definition. Noodlehead did not work for me either. I wonder does it relate to the hair type. I am 4a, maybe Noodlehead works better on 3c hair...I guess.

It works for me, but if you use too much it will make your hair crunchy. Try the fantasia gel though. That's what I use on my hair most of the time.

MommaMayhann said:
I know that the price is just retarded, but have you tried MJ Curly Pudding? I made a modified version of the recipe on the recipe board and it turned out pretty dag swell.

I'll have to look for this. Thanks I have been hearing raves about the curly pudding. I'm too cheap to try it...:lol:

bmoreflyygirl said:
It works for me, but if you use too much it will make your hair crunchy. Try the fantasia gel though. That's what I use on my hair most of the time.

I'm going to have to pick this up from Sallys. Can you please tell me how you apply this? Is it on drenched hair or slightly dried hair? How much do you use? I tend to be heavy handed. Thanks.

ms_jennifer said:
I'm going to have to pick this up from Sallys. Can you please tell me how you apply this? Is it on drenched hair or slightly dried hair? How much do you use? I tend to be heavy handed. Thanks.

I used it on towel dried hair. I use maybe a quarter sized a amount. But not at once. Maybe 2 squirts. If you use too much it will make your hair look white.

Noodle Head is my HG curly product.. You don't need to use very much at all... I use it while my hair is still wet and I rub it in my hands and scrunch it in my hair... it leaves my hair soft with pretty defined curls.. I will post some pics.

bmoreflyygirl said:
I used it on towel dried hair. I use maybe a quarter sized a amount. But not at once. Maybe 2 squirts. If you use too much it will make your hair look white.

Okay I will try two squirts and just apply throughout. I surely don't want white hair. Thanks for your response.

DivaEsq said:
Noodle Head is my HG curly product.. You don't need to use very much at all... I use it while my hair is still wet and I rub it in my hands and scrunch it in my hair... it leaves my hair soft with pretty defined curls.. I will post some pics.

I would love to see pics. I think i put way too much. I'm gonna try a quarter size like Bmore said of this stuff too. If it doesn't work this time I'm gonna trash it. Thanks.

i tried noodlehead... and my hair was a mess.... lol!
it gave my hair alot of shrinkage and not enough hold.
I second the Fantasia gel with spark lites

I liked the Noodlehead :look:. I used Humectress (alot) and some Lacio before I scrunched in the noodle. My curls didn't dry hard or crunchy either. See the pic in my siggy below.

Cleve_gryl said:
I liked the Noodlehead :look:. I used Humectress (alot) and some Lacio before I scrunched in the noodle. My curls didn't dry hard or crunchy either. See the pic in my siggy below.

I'm going to give it another whirl and see what happens. I hate when I buy stuff and it doesn't work. Oh And your wash and go looks wonderful. I hope to reach that level one day...:look:

Back