NO SHAMPOO METHOD..JUST CONDITIONER???

Buttalips219

Has anyone heard of this? I was reading a site made for nautral hair only and one of the methods they say is not to use shampoo just conditioner.

I did a search on here, but couldn't find any threads on this.

Buttalips219 said:
Has anyone heard of this? I was reading a site made for nautral hair only and one of the methods they say is not to use shampoo just conditioner.

I did a search on here, but couldn't find any threads on this.

That is what everyone on this site calls CW which is condition wash. Alot of people here do it including myself.

PrincessScorpion said:
That is what everyone on this site calls CW which is condition wash. Alot of people here do it including myself.

How do you find it vs. using shampoo? Does your hair feel clean after just using the conditioner?

I just started it a few weeks ago.
Shampoo tangles my hair and it feels nappy after
but conditioner makes it more moisturized & manageable.
Shampoo has harsh detergents not good for Black hair
to use on an everyday basis.
I haven't totally given up shampoo...
I just don't use it every day.
I CW almost everyday
and shampoo maybe once every two weeks.
I'm going to clarify once a month.

I'm no expert I just joined LHCF in April
but I've read... ALOT

I do this from time to time I add the a mixture of moisturising cons, glycerine and castor oil to dry hair sit under the dryer 1 hr or leave it on over night rinse and add products, my hair has never been so moist and happy.:D

This is the "no-shampoo", "no-poo", or "Curly Girl" routine (named after the method described in a hair book of the same name). It's very popular among naturals and women with curly hair. You could try searching LHCF with those keywords to find out more.

Here's a link about from MotownGirl.com:

http://motowngirl.com/no_shampoo.php

I really recommend THERMASILK MOISTURE CONDITIONER as a perfect conditioner for shampooing- inexpensive biggo bottle. I had such thick and tear inducing roots until I threw down my comb and conditioner shampooed with it. I was amazed at the soft results. I completely forgot it was week 5 post touch-up. I'll be conditioner shampooing more often after this experience {too darned easy to forget to do a conpoo}. THERMASILK was just sitting on the shelf, forlorn and forgotten...now it sits on my tub rim to remind me to con-poo and con-poo again!!! Try it, I'll bet you have some around collecting dust.

I really recommend THERMASILK MOISTURE CONDITIONER as a perfect conditioner for shampooing- inexpensive biggo bottle. I had such thick and tear inducing roots until I threw down my comb and conditioner shampooed with it. I was amazed at the soft results. I completely forgot it was week 5 post touch-up. I'll be conditioner shampooing more often after this experience {too darned easy to forget to do a conpoo}. THERMASILK was just sitting on the shelf, forlorn and forgotten...now it sits on my tub rim to remind me to con-poo and con-poo again!!! Try it, I'll bet you have some around collecting dust.

Do they still make Thermasilk? . We have been looking for a substitute since it has been difficult to find.

Back