NO SALON CHALLENGE! anyone wanna join me?

Count me in ladies, I will have to go for a relaxer, but other than that I prefer to style my own hair. I simply cannot stand going to salons, wish I had the courage (and skills) to do my own relaxer.

No offense to you luvlonghair and balisi;) . I think we're just fed up with the bad stylists out there.

I'm on for this I relax my own hair since 15 years old and I'm practicing my roller sets so I can do this count me in

I would join...but I am on a LOW stylist type of challenge.... My goals is to become sylist-independent but I want to keep my options open.

I have only been to a stylist twice in the past year..and that was only for trims during my multi-chop transition....I ended up doing the final chop myself...

So I DEFINITELY SUPPORT THE SPIRIT OF THIS CHALLENGE!! I hope you all become stylist-free!

Best wishes ladies! :)

Great challenge!!! I haven't been to a stylist in 15 years, and that was just for a wash, deep condition and wrap. The last stylist I went to chopped off 4" and complained that my hair was too thick. Too thick for what? She said it was too thick to work with. That's just lazy. I wish there were more stylists like luvlonghair & balisi, but there aren't - especially in Dallas. Those two are rare diamonds.

Although I'm married to a stylist now he totally understands why I don't go. He works in a complex where there are AA stylists, and he hears sizzlin' & smells chemicals every time he walks by. Plus, their hair is to' up.

He gets a kick out of watching me do my own hair and he's learning about highly textured hair. People always ask if he takes care of my hair, and I just say, "No, he just buys my products." Sap Moss Line is on my xmas list. :D

He has almost waist-length hair, so he respects his clients with long hair and those trying to grow it out. That respect is what keeps his client base, as I'm sure is what keeps clients coming back to balisi & luvlonghair.

Another reason I will continue to stay away from stylists is that I'm not arguing with someone I'm paying. Period. In any situation where someone is paying another for a service, customers want to be listened to and have their wishes respected. Provided the wishes don't put anyone's health in danger, there shouldn't be any hesitation to do it. Last I checked, not trimming ends didn't lead to the fall of mankind.

TBeBe said:
Great challenge!!! I haven't been to a stylist in 15 years, and that was just for a wash, deep condition and wrap. The last stylist I went to chopped off 4" and complained that my hair was too thick. Too thick for what? She said it was too thick to work with. That's just lazy. I wish there were more stylists like luvlonghair & balisi, but there aren't - especially in Dallas. Those two are rare diamonds.

Although I'm married to a stylist now he totally understands why I don't go. He works in a complex where there are AA stylists, and he hears sizzlin' & smells chemicals every time he walks by. Plus, their hair is to' up.

He gets a kick out of watching me do my own hair and he's learning about highly textured hair. People always ask if he takes care of my hair, and I just say, "No, he just buys my products." Sap Moss Line is on my xmas list. :D

He has almost waist-length hair, so he respects his clients with long hair and those trying to grow it out. That respect is what keeps his client base, as I'm sure is what keeps clients coming back to balisi & luvlonghair.

Another reason I will continue to stay away from stylists is that I'm not arguing with someone I'm paying. Period. In any situation where someone is paying another for a service, customers want to be listened to and have their wishes respected. Provided the wishes don't put anyone's health in danger, there shouldn't be any hesitation to do it. Last I checked, not trimming ends didn't lead to the fall of mankind.

Co-signing...

I guess I'm already on this challenge. It's more of a personal protest for me because I'm pissed off at the money hungry, inconsiderate stylists out there who didn't give 2 cents about me as a person but only as a way to make more money. Do I sound like a ticked off woman or what.:grin: :mad:

shani325 said:
Count me in ladies, I will have to go for a relaxer, but other than that I prefer to style my own hair. I simply cannot stand going to salons, wish I had the courage (and skills) to do my own relaxer.

same here.

e$h said:
No offense to you luvlonghair and balisi;) . I think we're just fed up with the bad stylists out there.
Thank you e$h. :kiss: We understand, and we're sorry about you ladies' terrible experiences. I'd make it up to you all if I could, and I'm sure luvlonghair would too.

shani325 said:
Me, too.:(

Ladies, you can count me in too! I haven't really been active on the board. I've made some changes to my haircare program and seen positive results but am stylist dependent. Well the last two times I've gone the time issue has really irked my nerves. Now I have been trying to get an appointment for like two weeks. She is the only person I trust to handle my hair due to multiple traumatic experiences that resulted in me losing my hair. Today I was walking around looking like a H.A.M. because my 4b hair has gotten out of control 9 weeks post relaxer. Well I am taking things in hand. Time to get my ish together. No more salons!!! Sorry this is so long:ohwell:

Back