No Poo ( for natural hair)

Shinka

So yeah I'm natural...I still use shampoo because I am brainwashed to think it cleans my hair...but my ahir is dry and it looks so nice when it's wet and has conditioner in it. I've been trying to find ways to keep it moisturized...I want to start no-poooing, How long does it take ( i.e. how many washes ) for you hair to really mositurize from the conditioners. I have the suave lavendaer, Vo5 strawberrires and cream, and VO% frusia products..so i going to to try and condition wash only for the next 2 months ( deep conditoner with cholserol or IC fantasia deep conditioner with heat every week) and see if my hair quality changes ( from dry to not so dry after washing)

If I get build up I'lljust do an ACV rinse or wash with dr. bonners castile shampoo...

Any body elses experience and how and how long their hair changed would be great...thanks

Been conditioner-washing regularly for about a month now and I really like it. After about 2-3 times (I wash/rinse my hair every 4 days or so) my hair felt softer. I use Paul Mitchell The Detangler and follow up with a leave in. I plan to "clarify" about once a month with a non-sls shampoo likr Elasta Creme Conditioning Shampoo.

Good luck, hope this works for you!

[ QUOTE ]
what does ACV stand for when folx talkin bout ACV rinse? Tahts some Acidifying stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]
AVC stands for Apple Cider Vinegar. Just regular vinegar you buy at the grocery store. I use one part AVC and three parts water for my final rinse. My hair comes out nice and soft and it rids your hair from any hard water residue.

-lee

I'm going to start washing my hair with shampoo once a week and doing conditioner washes every other day. It sounds like it would be alot healthier for my hair than to shampoo every other day. I love this website. I've been to soooooooooooooo many of them and i still feel that this one is the best.

You may want try a shampoo w/o sulfates or adding tea tree oil to your conditioner rinses to keep your scalp clean. I think the sulfates are what really dry out your hair when you're using shampoo. I started doing conditioner washes this summer but I didnt have a dry hair problem from shampoo. I started noticing a difference within the same week...it definately makes detangling easier.

Back