No Oil- Am I Missing Something??

Thanks FAMUDiva. Where can I get this unrefined coco oil?

I buy mine at our international farmer's market because it's cheaper there, but you can find it at Whole Foods and most regular grocery stores as well as GNC, WalMart and discount stores.

When I purchased it at Whole Foods & Publix I was buying the Spectrum brand for about $9-10 a jar. The jar lasted for MONTHS... almost a year.

coconutoil5B15D.jpg

Now, I use a no named Organic unrefined cocount oil that comes in a clear tub from the farmer's market here... it's about $3-5 a tub and it last me the same length of time. :look: I think it does say from the Philippines or some place on it... probably because it's an international farmer's market.

Thanks FAMUDiva. Where can I get this unrefined coco oil?

You can try Trader Joe's, Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, Whole Foods or a local supermarket. Just make sure its unrefined. A jar of coconut oil can last me anywhere between 6-8 months.

One time I went to a BSS and almost purchased a coconut oil... till I read the ingredients and saw that it had mineral oil! How you gonna add mineral oil to my coconut oil? That's just sad :nono: LOL I threw it back

Also you can use a spray moisturizer, like Jane Carter Leave In Spray(Vitamin Shoppe) or Elasta QPs H-Two. All you need is a fine mist of either of these...then if you'd like at nite you can seal just your ends with the tiniest bit of coconut or jojoba oil...and your hair will be light, bouncy, moisturized, and shiny.

try a butter. they are not as heavy as you may think. it melts into an oil in your hands and will keep your hair shiny and soft for several days.

I use Neutrogena Leave in and or a dime size amount of B&B Oil Moisturizer by day 3 after my wash. Then the next day in the morning I usually add Oil for Sheen. I use Wonder 8 Oil or Jojoba or Vitamin E on the ends only. I use just a little bit of oil for my almost BSL (Bra Strap Length Hair).

For thickness - this is my secret...I used to be fully relaxed with THIN hair, I went natural and had SUPER THICK hair...years and years later I texlaxed and have PERFECTLY THICK LONG HEALTHY hair....so LHCF helped me by introducing me to texlaxing and stretching my relaxers to the 12th week. Low maintainance, meaning finger combing, buns (if I wait two weeks to wash, the second week my hair is usually in a bun), rollers instead of curling irons and planning ahead for the health of my hair.

I had never made it paste Collar bone length before LHCF. Now I have the longest hair of my life. :yep:

Wow thanks Lana!!!

I would just go with some light oils. You don't have to oil your hair daily. You can oil your scalp, and then just comb your oils down to the lengths to preserve the bouncy feel.

Back