No new growth the first 4 weeks, then BAM it appears

kizzylonghair

Hi,

Ladies,

I wondered if this is only me, whenever I get a fresh relaxer the first 4 weeks it feels as though I have no new growth at all :look:
I know it is growing and should have my half an inch in there somewhere:perplexed
Then by week 6/7 my inch BAM!!! just appears !!! and then all my new growth doesn't stop coming.

Just Curious :grin:

yeah that happend to me, i was wondering why my hair hair wasn't growing then one day i washed my hair and there was my new growth coming back with a vengence :lol:

Yup...me too. No kind of new growth the first month. I'm 8 weeks post now, and my new growth is comin' out with the nunchucks!:brucelee::lachen:

I think the looser your curl is, the less obvious the new growth is for a longer period of time. If you have tight coils, the curliness of the new growth will be more obvious because the coil will begin earlier.......does that make sense?

So, if you have 3c hair vs 4b hair, I would expect it to appear as if the relaxer is lasting longer.

Not true. I'm a 4a with a little 4b, and when my hair was relaxed it did that too. And by no means is type 4 loose.:lol:

I think the looser your curl is, the less obvious the new growth is for a longer period of time. If you have tight coils, the curliness of the new growth will be more obvious because the coil will begin earlier.......does that make sense?

So, if you have 3c hair vs 4b hair, I would expect it to appear as if the relaxer is lasting longer.

Really? My hair is rude, I feel new growth the 2 weeks at the most, post Relaxer. What's your hair type?

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Some peoples' new growth contains more sebum than others. It coats brand new hair follicles & causes them to appear straighter than they naturally are. Once the extra sebum is washed out, the NG displays its true shrunken texture.

I'm 4b/c and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the protein conditioning I do once per month.

Not true. I'm a 4a with a little 4b, and when my hair was relaxed it did that too. And by no means is type 4 loose.:lol:

maybe your hair isnt coarse. Mine is coarse 4b and in areas where the hair is tighter, I feel the newgrowth earlier.

Hair certainly doesnt start growing 4 weeks post relaxer:lachen: You cant see the curl pattern as easily b/c the curl isnt completely formed. (ie at 1 or two weeks, most people have less than .25 inch of growth)

Hi,

Ladies,

I wondered if this is only me, whenever I get a fresh relaxer the first 4 weeks it feels as though I have no new growth at all :look:
I know it is growing and should have my half an inch in there somewhere:perplexed
Then by week 6/7 my inch BAM!!! just appears !!! and then all my new growth doesn't stop coming.

Just Curious :grin:

Happeneds to me to all the time.

This happens to me all the time. I used to not get new growth until I was 6 weeks post :perplexed and when it did show up, there was A LOT of it lol. Now that I take vitamins, my new growth starts showing up at 2-3 weeks post but I still always wondered why there is so little growth during the first month.

Back