No More....

zailless

I am a bit new but knew about the board for almost 2 years. I have tried mtg for 8 months, surge for about 6, monistat for about 5. I officially say no more because not everything works the same for everyone. I posted about balding to one side a month ago. I dont know the cause but I developed some serious scalp problems. No more baggying for me as well. I used to sleep in a plastic cap but no more of that. Today is the first day, I am at work without running to the bathroom to dig into my scalp. It felt like I had little things running up and down below my scalp. the endless itch and the flaking and the dryness that begun a month or so ago is easing. I slept without the cap this weekend and just left my hair loose, forgot about the satin cap and voila, Sunday I had no itch and today I have no itch. I started using nizoral last week but the itch didnt subside fully. I dont know what to think. maybe the cap can breathe bacteria or maybe the antifungals that used to work killed the good bacteria as well, so my scalp was defenseless when they stopped working. I dont know but I combed the internet every night trying to find a solution. Now I am just using castor oil on my scalp and thats it. I think I got some growth from the potions but I am nixing all of them. I will create a siggy with my pics later (i lost my usb cable). Do you think these products work for a time and stop or do you think they continue with the antibacterial action?

It's quite possible that they can stop working for you. Not that the product isn't any good, but because your body may have changed (absorption). It sound to me that you were using too many things within a short amount of time.

It just sounds like aa bad reactions to all of those products. Once you stopped, a lot of the problems subsided. Now you know what works for your hair. All of those products are not needed. Find a simple regimen that works for you and don't change it unless its absolutely necessary.

HTH:)

Maybe you were allergic to one or more of those growth aides? I'm very particular about what I put on my scalp, so I haven't tried MTG or Surge or the like. I'm glad your scalp is feeling better now, though!

I have used Surge and on the second application I had the itches. Maybe you didn'y allow your scalp to breathe. But good your scapl feels better. Sometimes less is more.

ACV to the scalp maybe a couple of times a week for the itching and dry scalp.

Do a search and I hope it helps you.

Back