No more frizz even in humidity! Making your straight natural hair waterproof?!

Y’all… y’all… I’m speechless! :eek:

Here’s the product and where you can buy it:

Y’all I’m very impressed and tempted to get this. I need to see how her hair reverts back to curly first and how moisturized it stays while straight.

I haven't clicked the vid, but my cousin posted a t.ik t.ok of this in our group chat, and after a little research I hit paynah on this lol. I tried it for the first time this wash day (last weekend). I don't know about waterproof, since my hair is currently looking like a blowout but it feels soft and has movement. I'll see how it reverts, and update this thread once wash day rolls around.

ETA: I will say that when I finished straightening my hair on Sunday, it was sleeker and had more volume than it has had without using this product. And while my hair looks like a blowout now in terms of volume, the strands are still quite straight. I didn't do the water test lol.

Last edited:
IDK if I'm sold on this. I am a little intrigued that its supposed to be like a light keratin treatment but I think ill pass on this for now

I'd try this, even though regular protectants work for me fine while living in the South. I imagine this would be great for folks for sweat in their scalp. Remember to use a clarifier to wash it out once wash day arrives.

Last edited:
IDK if I'm sold on this. I am a little intrigued that its supposed to be like a light keratin treatment but I think ill pass on this for now
It was a hard no for me. I’m a type 4b/low density and a mixture of fine with the occasional coarse strand. I wanted this to work for me so bad

What happened when you used it?
It wasn’t thick like a serum. It was a watery spray. My hair felt dry, no slip. Just horrible. I followed the directions perfectly. It may work better with looser textures that are easily weighed down (ie the white women they had modeling.)

My 4b hair does better with serums. Chi silk infusion is my forever bae. Sabino moisture block is a close second.

It wasn’t thick like a serum. It was a watery spray. My hair felt dry, no slip. Just horrible. I followed the directions perfectly. It may work better with looser textures that are easily weighed down (ie the white women they had modeling.)

My 4b hair does better with serums. Chi silk infusion is my forever bae. Sabino moisture block is a close second.

The reason I’ve been hesitant to purchase is because the directions specifically say not to use a leave in underneath. I can’t do that. I know my hair will be dry. I’m thinking about getting it anyway and testing it with leave in conditioner in my hair.

The reason I’ve been hesitant to purchase is because the directions specifically say not to use a leave in underneath. I can’t do that. I know my hair will be dry. I’m thinking about getting it anyway and testing it with leave in conditioner in my hair.
I used this after using K18, and some heat protectant- Chi and Lanza, but only small amounts :giggle:. Maybe I will try again with nothing next time since I'm used to styling my wash n go without leave-in, but I didn't trust the Dream Coat as heat protectant alone.

I used this after using K18, and some heat protectant- Chi and Lanza, but only small amounts :giggle:. Maybe I will try again with nothing next time since I'm used to styling my wash n go without leave-in, but I didn't trust the Dream Coat as heat protectant alone.

How were your results?

How were your results?
I haven't clicked the vid, but my cousin posted a t.ik t.ok of this in our group chat, and after a little research I hit paynah on this lol. I tried it for the first time this wash day (last weekend). I don't know about waterproof, since my hair is currently looking like a blowout but it feels soft and has movement. I'll see how it reverts, and update this thread once wash day rolls around.

ETA: I will say that when I finished straightening my hair on Sunday, it was sleeker and had more volume than it has had without using this product. And while my hair looks like a blowout now in terms of volume, the strands are still quite straight. I didn't do the water test lol.
When I finished blowdrying, my hair didn't feel dry or coated. It's been occasionally humid, sunny and rainy here since last week, but my length has stayed relatively straight. I’ve been adding Olapex no6 to my length and ends, so not much movement now. I've been wearing a bun this week. Plan to wash my hair this weekend.

^^Yes, I almost forgot to come back. My hair also reverted just fine. I straightened my hair again on Sunday, but I didn't use the Dream Coat this time, since it's supposed to last 3-4 washes, and I didn't want a strong 'build up' of it on my hair. I will use this product again though, as I think it did help to maintain my press.

I ordered the Coat & finishing serum from Amazon. The Dream Coat arrived with the Pump broken due to poor packaging.....Noted, but I won't complain because I did get Same-Day delivery.

My blow-dry has resulted in my afro-puff being softer & fluffier. On day 1 I enjoyed Dianna Ross hair with a head band.

I clarified, used Seacret Mud shampoo; didn't condition but did spray my secttioned damp hair with Hask Placenta Leave-in & then braided.

A few hours later I transferred the Wow Coat to a Srpray bottle & sprayed wleach section before blow-drying. I've not bothered to flat iron due to it raining here.

I LIKE THE PRODUCTS

Back