No lye to Lye

HotCoCoGurl130

I currently use Optimum no-lye but I was thinking about switching to Lye. How would that affect my hair? Would that be bad? What are the advantages of Lye anyway? What kind should I witch to? Thanx!!!

bump...I want to know this myself...the difference??? how to switch???

I'm sure there are lots of threads on this already, if so just direct me there.

Thanks, Toya
wave.gif

I just switched from bo lye to lye and the process went well. To protect the old growth I saurated it with grease so it would not overlap. My hair turned out fine. NO BREAKAGE!!!

you how long have you been using lye? What difference have you noticed? I've been using the same no lye relaxer for years, I don't want to switch unless the results are like miraculous.

[ QUOTE ]
LuLu said:
I've been using the same no lye relaxer for years, I don't want to switch unless the results are like miraculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

i too would lik to know the actual differences just because of all the rave this board gives lye relaxers

well, i really just wanted to try something else. i have been doing relaxers for a long time and i have switched many times without any adverse effects. i use to use optimum to get my hair really straight but that is not that important to me anymore. i have found out that lye relaxer have more moisture so i know this is better for my hair. i switched to revlon mild so to me it just loosens the curl pattern. it is not as harsh as my old relaxer.

Back