No lye relaxers who use protein reconstuctors....Help

StarScream35

I'm hearing that using a reconstructor after rinsing out a lye relaxer causes reversion. Has this been the case with any of you? I'm making the switch from no-lye relaxers since they have caused dryness but I had no problems with reversion after applying a reconstructor after washing the relaxer out then proceeding with neutralizing. Can anyone offer your experiences?

I'm protein sensitive so I just use a strong protein condish like mane & tail or Megatek and it does my hair just fine.

I have fine 4b hair. I began my HHJ one year ago. I self relax with Precise, a mild no-lye relaxer, and use the Joico K-Pak as a mid-protein step. I never ever have reversion troubles. I relaxed on Sunday after an 11 week stretch. I am little straighter than usual, but definitely did not revert after the reconstructor. I do regular henna treatment to cover my grays and to strengthen my strands See before and after pics below:
July_2012NG.jpg

Roots_July2012.jpg

I've been doing this for 3 years and I have had no reversion at all.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

I use Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp relaxer coupled with Motions CPR for my mid-step.

No reversion, no burning, just straight hair! :yep:

Sorry, but you can't revert a relaxer with anything. Your new growth just comes out and thus folks say their hair reverted.:nono: The protein step is just restoring the health and strength back to your hair. There is so many you tube videos out there showing what reconstructors do for your hair. Please look there for more tips.

Back