No luck with Surge so far.

blue_flower

I've been using Surge ever since December, spraying it on my scalp once or twice a day. While everyone is experiencing more hair growth, I have experience the opposite. I've noticed that ever since I've started using Surge my hair has been shedding more than usual. I haven't experienced anything like that since I started transitioning 2-3 years ago. I'm going to just limit my Surge use to just once a week. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to put it underneath my sink. But I'll be doing a conditioner wash tonight and if my hair starts coming out a lot, then I'll save it and post a pic in my album.

The protein may be too strong. I read other ladies on this forum say how they couldn't use it because it was too strong for their hair.

I've been using it 1x per day for almost 1 month. I haven't experienced any growth, either. It's hard to tell with the shrinkage... I didn't really expect a miracle. But I had my fingers crossed just in case.
laugh.gif
But it is a nice moisturizer for me. Kinda like a watery S-Curl.
smile.gif

I'm sorry it has made your hair worse.
frown.gif

I haven't used it yet but do you think that when you use Surge you should increase your deep conditioning or hot oil treatments?

I called the Surge company this morning and I told the Asian guy there that I was losing more hair possibly from the Surge. He suggested that maybe other products I'm using along with the Surge could be making my hair shed. He said that I should just stop using it for a while and observe how my hair reacts afterwards. He wants me to call back to let him know what my results are.

The man was kind of surprised by my call because he said he receives mostly good comments about Surge and that my complaint was a first, which is surprising to me. But anyway, he told me that Surge contains no synthetic alcohol and that he didn't think the shedding was caused by protein overload. I kind of doubt it.

The main products I use now are CD Hair Butter, Fantasia hair gel,V05 conditioner w/soy protein, and sometimes this other conditioner with protein in it. I'll just take his advice and stop using the Surge for a while.

blue_flower,

Could this time of year be your shedding season? How much hair were you loosing prior to Surge? How much hair were you loosing while using Surge?

Like Allandra said how much shedding before and after surge. Also could it be the use of surge coupled with the use of the protein conditioner that is causing protein overload? Just a thought.

Allandra: The only time I ever shed so much was when I was relaxed a few years ago, but it ceased once I transitioned after 5 months. Last year around this time I don't think I shedded this much. Before the Surge, when I would comb out my hair in the shower, I would only see under 10 hair. But now the hair that combs out in the shower looks like tendrils or something.

sillygurl18: I think you're right about the protein overload. But with the conditioner, I leave it in for 5-10 minutes and then I rinse out. With the Surge, it just stays on my scalp for hours until I do my next conditioner wash.

I'm going to put the Surge away for now. I lost all the hair that I got in my comb last night, so I'll try again tonight to post a pic. Thanks, everybody.

Back