No longer natural...

clarity2008

So I took the plunge and decided to relax. Natural hair is beautiful but I needed to cut down on styling time and frizz. I don't like spending entire days doing my hair :nono:

So here's what I did...

1 week ago I clarified with ACV and washed with Nexxus Therapee
Used Aphogee 2 Minute for about 5 minutes
DC with Nexxus Humectress and seal with almond oil.

I cowashed about 2 days before I relaxed.

This morning I separated my hair into 12 sections and based my scalp with vaseline. I started at the crown (curliest area for me) and worked my way around my entire head.

I used Silk Elements Mild Lye w/ Shea Butter. It smelled less harsh than relaxers I have used in the past but it was not completely odorless. It did not burn at all except for the spot behind my ears were my glasses rub. I figured the skin there was probably irritated because I was taking my glasses on and off. The relaxer was on my head for a total of 13 minutes and then I rinsed. I used Aphogee 2 Minute after rinsing and then nuetralized w/ ORS creamy aloe. I DC'd for about 30 mintues w. Silk Elements Olive Oil Moisturizing Treatment. When I rinsed my hair felt silky and soft and the texture looked just right:lick:. After I just added a moisturizer and sealed with almond oil and pulled it into a loose low bun. Much of my curl is still there it's just looser and less bulky. I surprisingly have less breakage but only time will tell.

So far I'm very happy with the results. I am going to rollerset my hair tomorrow. I will post pics then...

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing it too. How did you like using the Aphoghee before neutralizing? I have never tried it but I would like too.

Thanks for posting! this is just in time for me to get ready to self relax tomorrow.. can wait to see your pics!

Looking forward to seeing it too. How did you like using the Aphoghee before neutralizing? I have never tried it but I would like too.

I liked it. It's been about a year since I last relaxed and I did not do a protein treatment after (I didn't do a lot of things:sad:). But It gave me some strength back and made my hair soft.

What are you going to use to rollerset?

I will probably just use diluted Lotta Body and almond oil and set it on purple rollers. I may do a pony tail set because I still have some texture I may have to fuss with. We'll see...

Don't expect great pics. My digital cam is on the fritz so I'll have to use my SO's blackberry.

Back