No Longer a Lurker

sj73

Hi everyone. I've been lurking this forum for a year. I received so much great advice, I thought it was time I became a paying member :grin:.

I will try to post a photo as soon as I have a chance (I'm bunning at the moment).

My current regimen is:
* Stretch 12 weeks between relaxers.
* Shampoo at least once a week (I aim for twice a week, but that hasn't been happening often).
* I deep condition each time I shampoo (alternating between moisturizing conditioner and protein conditioner).
* I use a leave-in conditioner after every shampoo and use a moisturizer everyday (and seal my ends).
* I always air dry and only flat-iron on clean hair.
* I usually bun or wear my hair flat-iron the first six weeks of my stretch; I start braidouts the second six weeks of my stretch.
* I'm seriously thinking about bunning the entire winter and early spring.

Favorite shampoos: Don't really have one. I'm using my stash now which consists of Joico Moisture and Nexxus Therrape.
Favorite conditioners: I really like Joico Reconstructor; Philip B Cream Rinse (waiting to try my Black Friday purchase of AO Honeysuckle Rose); Silk Elements MegaSilk; Alterna Hydrate, and Giovanni Direct Leave-In.
Favorite Daily: Elasta QP Mango Butter and seal with Wheat Germ Oil.
Favorite Heat Protectant: Nexxus Heat Protexx--Love It!

I really want to thank you ladies for the great tips. Although I'm only armpit now, I really do have to thank you all for helping me figure out what I have been doing wrong to my hair and why I never grew my hair past shoulder-length. I now get compliments on my hair. I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance.

Hello and welcome!

"Only Armpit"? That's nothing to sneeze at....LOL....You're doing something right. Your reggie looks good.

Hello and welcome!

"Only Armpit"? That's nothing to sneeze at....LOL....You're doing something right. Your reggie looks good.

Yeah, I'm proud of myself for reaching armpit length....especially since I was neck/shoulder-length for most of my relaxed life. :yep:

Welcome...how is your regi working for you?
My regi is working just fine. I am planning to add the Aphogee two step to my regi every six weeks. In the past, I only did it right before I relaxed. I think I need it more. I noticed that I way less breakage after I do it. I do think that for me to get from APL to BSL, I will have to bun this winter and early spring. I've been shopping for hair accessories so I won't get bored with the buns. Found some cute ones on eBay.

Back