NO, It's NOT A WEAVE PONYTAIL!

song_of_serenity

ARGH!! You know, you'd think going natural would give SOME kind of leeway in the "you know she got a weave" battle. But noooo.

When I wear it picked out in a puff, (it's getting big but not a BAA status) I've had people ask "Where'd you get that puff from?" Even had it touched by STRANGERS.

When I wear it curly, I get asked the SAME question. "Where did you buy that cute curly piece?" "Oh, sorry, it's my hair!" *smile* My mum teases me it looks like "snap curl clip on."

These two girls on the train, one across (and one next to me) and one said to the other (LOUDLY, I guess it was a whisper but hello, I'm RIGHT NEXT TO HER) "You see her hair?) leading the next one to GAWK at my hair all the way to my destination, 5 stops away.

I wore it OUT finally and I either got the "How you get your hair to look like THAT?" questions to which I replied:
"I washed it while it's wet and shook it out and let it do it's thing!"
*Incredulous look* Really?
"Yes."
*suspicious look* "You didn't braid it and loose it out to make it curly like that?"
"No."
"Hm...wow, ok."

or the
"G'yal, your hair growing FAST. You know you have that kinda hair!" *pulling it to see the length* and you know you can't recoil because they're going to cause frizz because you'd think you're "too good" to have them touch your hair (with this specific person) *SIGH*

And it's STUPID because some of these SAME people see me WEEKLY in church. HAVE SEEN THE BIG CHOP. The various stages my hair has grown. The styles. ETC, ETC. COME ON.

It's just a rant, y'all. Yes, been on this board enough to see stuff like this comes with the territory, even when I was long and relaxed and natural before this big chop but man...just had to get it out. Lol.

Let it out girl I guess some people envy it, what can I say a good natural hair that's well taken care of always looks beautiful. You just have to learn to ignore their ignorance and disbelief.

Congratulations, you have arrived. You are an official model for natural versatility.:yep: People just can't understand how versatile natural hair is. I know I wouldn't know if I didn't have this site.

I could understand if my hair was sooooo long or my afro was a halo around my head like that drawing or (lol and I say this to be funny) Indian remy texture or whatever (because you KNOW you have to be mixed to have hair like that *eyeroll*) But geeze, a piece of hair and a bit of curl and you're getting questioned.

The ones who are strangers, they get leeway. Yes. But GEEZE the people who see me THREE TIMES A WEEK?! How does that make sense?

Back