No heat while wearing a wig

CarmelCupcake

hey guys, currently I'm wearing wigs....just started and decided that I would put my hair in plaits under the wigs...I've decided that I would not be putting heat on my head while using wigs....I went a month wearing 7 plaits and I washed my hair in these plaits each week, using conditioner only. well today, I ended up straightening my hair and boohhhhyyyyy were their kinks.......I've never had so much tangles and kinks in my life.......I have 4a/4b hair....could someone please give some advice to avoid these knots, tangles, matts while doing a no heat regimen, please!!

I need clarification, you're not undoing the plaits while co-washing? If this is the case I would undo the plaits and detangle at least once during that 1 month period and the see what happens.

I need clarification, you're not undoing the plaits while co-washing? If this is the case I would undo the plaits and detangle at least once during that 1 month period and the see what happens.

Right, I wasn't detangling the plaits in order to have low manipulation....maybe I should probably detangle them.

Right, I wasn't detangling the plaits in order to have low manipulation....maybe I should probably detangle them.

I have the exact same hair type and similar regimen. I shampoo/condition and detangle my plaits weekly and I still get the knots, tangles and matting near the roots. We have to remove our shed hair at least weekly or it gets stuck on nearby healthy strands causing massive tangles.

I have been using a wide tooth comb, but from now on I will use a rat tail to detangle.

Hi. :-) I wear wigs too. I get my hair braided one a month into a beehive. I wash my hair while in the beehive and when I take it down it takes me a while because I take my time. While in the beehive I moisturize my hair 2-3 times a week.

I have 4b hair and I wear twist weekly. I take them down at the end of the week finger detangle, prepoo, wash, and deep condition. I rarely get any tangles, I think this in part due to the fact that my whole wash regimen my hair is in sections.

Back