NO HEAT?? Please Share Secret!!!

janiebaby

I have been looking at alot of people's pictures who say they are not using any heat. I would like to know how does everyone get their hair so smooth and straight. Whenever I airdry it's soft but it looks frizzy and thick. I find it very difficult to do my hair myself with or without heat so if there is a simple way to do without hurting my arms please let me know. I appreciate everyone's help:)

The products you use can help. I do not use any heat either. After my hair is completely air dried, I use my silk scarf to tie my hair down. I use very lightly essential oils somtimes Kemi Oyle and I put a small amount of Elasta Mango Butter on the ends. I roll my hair under like I am making one big curl in the back. It comes out in the morning very smooth as if I had flat ironed it. I will be posting some pictures of my hair this evening. I finally fiquired out how to get them on my computer. I hope this helps. I am sure that the others will share their techniques too!:)

I don't know about no-heat at all. I don't air-dry. I hate how the hair looks to me. I rollerset and sit under the dryer. I just don't blow dry alot anymore and I never use the curling iron(evil). But no heat what so ever. I would also like to know

Thank You! I saw a similar thread by HoneyDew and alot of the things that were posted seem too difficult for me to do, ex. rollerset (hurts my arms, hate combing my wet hair, etc.) and I have no idea how to bun. My mother didn't know how to do hair and neither do I, plus my hand-eye coordination is way off to the point where i can't even multi part my hair, I can do a side part and that's it:lol:

they key is to SATURATE your hair with moisturizer when it's wet. That's what keeps the moisture in so that when it dries, it's not all frizzy and stuff, it'll be smooth and relatively straight.

You should use a cream leave-in, moisturizer, and maybe even some oil to seal in the moisture. when it dries, you could add a little more moisturizer again.

no heat is an adjustment, but i've been using the ponytail airdry method and have been having great results...i had to find a good deep conditioner and keep it moist.

Rollersetting is the key for me, which I learned when I started this journey in 2003. I abruptly went from using blowdryers, hot combs, curling irons to zero heat, airdrying in rollersets.

Rollersetting gives me smooth, shiny, bouncy soft, very moisturized hair that looks like I blowdried it. I can choose to keep and wear the curls or fix my hair in any style I want. I also rely on my silk or satin scarves to keep my hair smooth. :)

BTW, rollersetting doesn't have to hurt your arms.

Back