NO DYE FOR 1 YR HAIR CHALLENGE

Tinkerbell19

Hey girls :grin:
As many of you know I am addicted to dye! I dye my hair every 2-3 months but I want to start a new challenge to see if I can actually make it an entire year withOUT dying:drunk: Anybody wanna join me? :grin: My hair is in a wash-n-go now so you cant see my roots but I will post a pic next week when I straighten it so you can see my new growth. I have about an inch of roots coming in but Im determined NOT to color. Now dont get me wrong I love dye and it hasnt damaged my hair I just want to see if there would be a difference. I have already dyed my hair like 6 times different colors just this year! :spinning: You can look at my album to see some of the colors and right now Im blonde. So come on ladies who wants to join me??

i probably SHOULD take up this challenge to give my hair a break, but....
heck no!! i love a fresh color job way too much...:roadrunner::grin:

After i BCed i swore i wasnt gonna dye or relax ever again. Never relaxing is easy but this no dying thing is killing me, especially when i look at my old pics when i had red hair....I'm in.

Good luck ladies....When I stop dying my hair it made a big difference.

That's what im hoping to get out of this. My dyed hair never gave me problems as a natural or relaxed but I want to see how my hair thrives sans relaxer AND dyes.

Well I just started dying and I'm happy with it so far so I'm not in this challenge. Just hopped in to say GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

That's what im hoping to get out of this. My dyed hair never gave me problems as a natural or relaxed but I want to see how my hair thrives sans relaxer AND dyes.

im a natural hence why i can dye so much but i still want to see what happens i just hope i dont break and sneak in a dye fix! lol noooo i wont do it im going to be strong:drunk:

Are rinses included in "dying" ones hair. I had a bad hair coloring experience. I went in for light brown streaks and left out with platinum (silver) streaks :swearing:. I was only 28 so clearly that didn't fly well with me. I put another dye (dark brown) over that color which only made it blonde. I have since been putting rinse over it till it is eventually all gone (through trimming). I would love to join this challenge though since I've been dying my hair for the last 12 years.

thanks and really? details please....:yep:

well lets see...I used to keep my hair dyed black( and relaxed) and it was always thin but i didnt care about health, only styles. Then i lighten it(it was beautiful) but a yr later it thinned then broke off. Then I started dying it black again, and once again it thinned. So i have been dye free since Jan 2009 and my hair is sssslowyyy thickening back up. Oh and it does not break as much. Thats just my story....I have learned that my hair cant take much of nothing. Im sure if I went natural it would thrive buttttt, not ready for that. HTH
Good luck ladies,I know this will be hard for some of you. It was for me....:yep:

Are rinses included in "dying" ones hair. I had a bad hair coloring experience. I went in for light brown streaks and left out with platinum (silver) streaks :swearing:. I was only 28 so clearly that didn't fly well with me. I put another dye (dark brown) over that color which only made it blonde. I have since been putting rinse over it till it is eventually all gone (through trimming). I would love to join this challenge though since I've been dying my hair for the last 12 years.

rinses are fine just no dye and girl heckie yeah you can join and im in the same boat been dying since 1995 lol

well lets see...I used to keep my hair dyed black( and relaxed) and it was always thin but i didnt care about health, only styles. Then i lighten it(it was beautiful) but a yr later it thinned then broke off. Then I started dying it black again, and once again it thinned. So i have been dye free since Jan 2009 and my hair is sssslowyyy thickening back up. Oh and it does not break as much. Thats just my story....I have learned that my hair cant take much of nothing. Im sure if I went natural it would thrive buttttt, not ready for that. HTH
Good luck ladies,I know this will be hard for some of you. It was for me....:yep:

that was GREAT advice and thank you and im am going to do this the only bad part is that once it gets really long i hope the blonde just blends in naturally cuz i would HATE to cut off any length:nono:

that was GREAT advice and thank you and im am going to do this the only bad part is that once it gets really long i hope the blonde just blends in naturally cuz i would HATE to cut off any length:nono:

Ur welcome......I think it would be cute with ur ends being blonde.

I used to live for coloring my hair blue-black, but I can chillax.

I'm in!

Adore, cellophane doesn't count correct?

I'm in. I've been itching to dye my hair jet black. I need to make peace with the dusty brown I was born with. :look:

Ur welcome......I think it would be cute with ur ends being blonde.

thank you and thats what im hoping cuz people keep scaring me saying you are going to have to cut it cuz you will have too much dark in the top! but truthfully since i was my hair so much it really isnt that blonde now like it was in my album pics its more of a dark blonde now and im hoping it just fades to a carmel color then hopefully it will look like i did it intentionally :grin:

Back