No Deposit - No Appointment

I understand why they do it. But imma need these stylists to stop being late too, and respect their clients time as well. I found a braider that had it in bold print on all of her pages, that your appointment will be canceled if you are late. NO EXCEPTIONS... This ***** showed up 45 minutes late to braid my hair. I had arrived 15 minutes early for my appointment, so I was waiting in the car for 1 hour. I was like, how are you so adamant about tardiness not being tolerated, but you have a client waiting for 45 minutes? She apologized and took $20 off :rolleyes:, but I’ll never use her again.

I understand why they do it. But imma need these stylists to stop being late too, and respect their clients time as well. I found a braider that had it in bold print on all of her pages, that your appointment will be canceled if you are late. NO EXCEPTIONS... This ***** showed up 45 minutes late to braid my hair. I had arrived 15 minutes early for my appointment, so I was waiting in the car for 1 hour. I was like, how are you so adamant about tardiness not being tolerated, but you have a client waiting for 45 minutes? She apologized and took $20 off :rolleyes:, but I’ll never use her again.

YES!!!! That's why I stopped going to my old hairdresser. She was hella disrespectful with the appointment times that SHE INSISTED UPON. I like to take my time, too, so I'd be RUSHING TO WAIT. No. No ma'am.

Right it definitely should go both ways!

My daughter scheduled an appt with a ghetto weave lady for an invisible ponytail last week. She sent at least 4 reminders (text and email) for our appt - and then showed up a WHOLE HOUR late... just strolled in.

At least you got a discount - we didn't get an apology or anything. The other 7 people that came in during the hour seemed to be just as content so I guess that is her norm.

There are rude people on both sides. But I'm gonna need the stylist to stop acting like clients like this aren't a direct result of long wait times even when you have an appointment. She has to know that she is part of a new wave of stylists that are listening and being better about time management. When people get used to the idea of their stylist showing up late even after telling them not to be late you kinda just adapt. Hopefully this client will get used to better treatment from her stylist and respect her time as well.

Right it definitely should go both ways!

My daughter scheduled an appt with a ghetto weave lady for an invisible ponytail last week. She sent at least 4 reminders (text and email) for our appt - and then showed up a WHOLE HOUR late... just strolled in.

At least you got a discount - we didn't get an apology or anything. The other 7 people that came in during the hour seemed to be just as content so I guess that is her norm.

If I didn’t say anything to my lady, she was going to pretend like there was no problem too. But nah, I don’t play that. I would have made an even bigger fuss about it if I didn’t NEED my hair braided (I was leaving for my honeymoon the next morning). It wasn’t just that she was late that bothered me. It was how much of an emphasis she placed on not tolerating her clients being late at all. She even texted me a reminder of my appointment time and reiterated her policy. So her showing up 45 minutes late, gave me the impression that she values HER time only.

There are rude people on both sides. But I'm gonna need the stylist to stop acting like clients like this aren't a direct result of long wait times even when you have an appointment. She has to know that she is part of a new wave of stylists that are listening and being better about time management. When people get used to the idea of their stylist showing up late even after telling them not to be late you kinda just adapt. Hopefully this client will get used to better treatment from her stylist and respect her time as well.
This is a word! Amen! Thank ya Sista Kammy! Lol

I’m fine with deposits that go towards a service. But some of these instagram stylists are asking for the entire cost of the service upfront to secure your spot. Even on styles that are cheap. I can understand for big ticket services like 360 frontals with hair purchases and whatnot. But for some $75 braids?

I’m fine with deposits that go towards a service. But some of these instagram stylists are asking for the entire cost of the service upfront to secure your spot. Even on styles that are cheap. I can understand for big ticket services like 360 frontals with hair purchases and whatnot. But for some $75 braids?

Yeah the entire amount upfront is outrageous and unnecessary. Although I do know of some stylists and nail techs that will charge the entire amount for no-shows. I can understand that...

I understand the WHY, but do not agree with how it is executed. I've been on both ends of the argument (arriving late) BUT all but two stylist I've had in my lifetime have REGULARLY arrived late. Heck, for my weave visits back in the day, my standing time was 6:00 pm, but she typically didn't START before 9:00 pm.

Yeah, I'm not leaving a deposit.

IMO this is a ghetto practice that more and more new age stylists seem to be adopting.

Truly upscale salons and professional stylists don't require a deposit. Those clients who pay these deposits should actually take offense.

None of the doctors, lawyers, or other professionals with their own business/firm/practice in my circle charge deposits to schedule an appointment.

My current stylist requires a deposit for weave jobs only, due to the cost of the hair. If you are a no-show, she will not take you on as a client again.
I understand both sides. IMHO, I think most of these stylists ask for deposits just to make some extra money for a late or no-show client; especially if they are habitual over bookers.

IMO this is a ghetto practice that more and more new age stylists seem to be adopting.

Truly upscale salons and professional stylists don't require a deposit. Those clients who pay these deposits should actually take offense.

None of the doctors, lawyers, or other professionals with their own business/firm/practice in my circle charge deposits to schedule an appointment.

What they (upscale places) do here is require a card on file to reserve an appointment. You don't show and they charge the card a fee.

My braider requires a deposit. I think it’s $30 but she’s worth the deposit and the fee she pays. She does not overbook, she leaves my edges where she found them and I’m not letting her go. I tried a cheaper braider, my hair looked a complete mess, tried to have it fixed in Jamaica and ended up with two bald spots.

Salons and amateur/Instagram stylists are getting the hint that we’ll drop them like a bad habit for poor practices. The smart ones have adapted accordingly.

Back