No damage hair coloring?

Keen

Lately I've seen many commercials from revlon, cream of nature and other manufactures who claim not only will their hair colors will not damage your hair, it will be in better condition after applying the color.

Is this true? can this new hair coloring products really not be harmful to the hair? I want to use a semi-permenent natural black but I don't want it damage my hair.... Any suggestions on brands that will not damage the hair?

Thanks ladies

The only hair color that would condition your hair is a rinse like Sebastian Coulourshines. All that other stuff is advertising HOGWASH, when they say it conditions your hair they're comparing it to other dyes, but not to your own undyed hair's condition because permanent haircolor IMO is going to alter your hair's condition adversely no matter what, esp. if you're going lighter.
smile.gif

P.S. I'm not against dye; I have Textures & Tones Bronze in my hair now, but my hair's condition was not improved it went down and I plan on slowly trimming the color out of my hair.
smile.gif

Permanently dying your hair involves taking your natural pigment out of your hair and that's a damaging act alone.
laugh.gif

But the key is letting that be the only "damaging" part and not suffer the repercussions (basically keeping the damage at a minimal). But everyone's hair responds differently to things, so who knows. What's conditioning to one head may be drying to another's. So, it's basically a bunch of fluff.
laugh.gif

thanks for the replies ladies. I guess I already knew that but was looking for an excuse...

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Permanently dying your hair involves taking your natural pigment out of your hair and that's a damaging act alone.
laugh.gif

But the key is letting that be the only "damaging" part and not suffer the repercussions (basically keeping the damage at a minimal). But everyone's hair responds differently to things, so who knows. What's conditioning to one head may be drying to another's. So, it's basically a bunch of fluff.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
ITA!
That is a bunch of fluff.

i used textures and tones cherrywood. i havent had any problems with dryness and the like (i just make sure i keep my hair well moisturized) but this isnt a continuous thing. i wanted to experiment. i did it..its over and its growing out..and no i am not reapplying color.

Bigen made my hair really dry for a week or 2, but I don't think its damaging. I perfer Sebation(jet black of course!) My hair can only take one process. Dye or lye. Although I did color a perm once and my hair was still healthy, but it was a bit above shoulders. Now I can't risk it because I'm too close to my goal. Besides everybody is into the light hair thing and I like to go left of the middle. However, if anybody does know of a heavy tinting product that will actually show on my dark hair let me know.

I use bigen as well. I haven't noticed my hair being dry from it, though I always hit it with heavy moisturizing afterwards. (Put the Salerm mask on it yesterday with great result). I've only used it twice. The last time I used it was in January I think. I use Oriental Black and I only plan on using it 1x every 3 months or so. It lasts well on my hair so I just need to touch up the roots.
I plan on adding Jazzing in clear tomorrow to boost the shine.

A semi-permanent is usually considered much safer than permanent color; you're not removing the pigment from your hair, just depositing temporary color.
smile.gif
I use Clairol Natural Instincts. It has no ammonia, usually the damaging ingredient in permanent color, and very little peroxide. You can find semi-permanents out there with no peroxide; I think that peroxide helps deposit more color and helps the color remain longer. The effect will be very subtle, mind you, and the color is usually most noticeable in the sunlight or in bright light. For dramatic color change you definitely would need pemanent color. With Clairol, the semi-permanent color will remain through 28 shampoos. So, if you wash your hair 3x/week, count on having it for about 9 weeks. I hope this helps!
laugh.gif

I desperately want to get rid of the grey in my hair but I'm scared of damage. Would something like Clairol Natural Instincts be ok or would Sebastian C. Shines be better? I just want to do basic black or black/brown.

[ QUOTE ]
Keen said:
Lately I've seen many commercials from revlon, cream of nature and other manufactures who claim not only will their hair colors will not damage your hair, it will be in better condition after applying the color.

Is this true? can this new hair coloring products really not be harmful to the hair? I want to use a semi-permenent natural black but I don't want it damage my hair.... Any suggestions on brands that will not damage the hair?

Thanks ladies

[/ QUOTE ]
this is true for the semi permanent colour i use. it's by goldwell and it contains no ammonia and no peroxide. it's like using a conditioning treatment. my hair looked healthier and shinyer after i used it.

Godzooki I would try the Sebastian first. If you look at old posts you will see longterm users (like Tracy) are saying that it is an absolutely no risk, no damage way to go. Cahty Howse has used bigen I think for years.

Back