No Blowdryer, No Option

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I've been kind of wanting a blow dryer. The one I have is poor quality, $14.99 @ Wal-Mart, had it for several years. I don't blow dry often--perhaps once a year if that. But again, I've kind of been wanting one because they do make the hair extra swingy if you have a good salon quality blow dryer. Plus I am planning on doing a clear rinse & IMO these show up best on blow dried hair.

So I was looking at Ulta yesterday and the blow dryers were like $99-$199. :shocked: What a great way to keep me from blowdrying! I didn't get one.

So my question is if I were to go ahead and get one, does anyone have a particular blow dryer they'd recommend?

I've read 2 or 3 articles that recommend all kinds of expensive blow dryers. But then they say that if you can't afford the $6,294 dryers ( :lachen: ) then get the Conair Ionic Dryer. So that's what I did, and I like it! Granted, I've never had a dryer before, so I have nothing to compare it to.

It has 3 heat settings (cool, warm and hot) and 3 air flow options (low, medium and high) It also has a cool shot button and a cool retactable cord. Attachments come with it too. A diffuser, concentration nozzle and I think one other thing that I can't remember.

I blew my hair out for the first time a few days ago (on warm/high settings) and my hair dried fast and got really straight :yep:

I've been thinking about higher quality blow dryers myself. I'm transitioning....and I really dont want to have to chop anything. I notice that many folks dont plan on chopping and wind up doing so anyway. I figure if I could get my hair straight once in a blue moon, I'd be fine with contending with two textures...at least until the un-relaxed hair reaches my desired length.

I'd probably be better off with a higher quality flat iron...I dunno, I'm still working it all out in my head.

I bought an ionic-tourmaline dryer from Sally's for around $50. And the only reason why I bought it from Sally's is because if I didn't like it, I could take it back and get a refund. :look:

There is no way I would be dropping $100+ on a freaking blowdryer. I haven't used one, but I definitely have heard great reviews on the Conair Ionic blowdryer. I've seen them at Target, so maybe that's a viable option for you.

I spent $79 + shipping for a Babyliss with a round boar brush at the end. I love it.

Last week at Walgreen's I saw a comparable model made by Conair (smaller boar brush). It also offered another attachments (round comb that looked like a porcupine) for $21.99.

Girl, I'm going to get that one too!

Patchouli85 did a review on the Chi Rocket Blowdryer in her flat iron tutorial album. You should check it out. It is pricey though, $150.00.

I bought a new blowdryer today (HenKandi Lounge AC Hairdryer).
Em...HedKandi is a UK music label :look:...yeah I know.

It was only 19.99 (GBP) which is just over $40 I think :look:.
I really don't think I should spend anymore for a hair dryer just because of the name brand, especially when it has the same features as a more expensive model...if not more.
I haven't used it yet but boy, I think its great value for money and it looks and feels like a sturdy piece of kit :yep:.

It has:
Three heat settings (cool, medium, high)
Two speed setting
Cool shot button
AC Salon Motor
!onic Technology
4 Attachments (Salon sleeve concentrator, pik concentrator, standard concentrator, massage diffuser)
Free music download...yes...free music download :lachen:

hkbeauty_dryer.jpg

I'm happy with it :yep:.

I have a Babyliss that I love...the only problem is that it doesn't come with a comb attachement so I bought one and it doesn't stay on it keeps flying off and that gets annoying....If you don't need to use a comb attachment then it's a good buy

I want to try the Chi Rocket with the comb attachment

Back