NL Ladies can wear buns too!

KurlyNinja

So as a Newbie to hair care, I've wanted to PS but I'm too poor to get a weave. :lachen: So i've just been sticking my hair in a tucked under pony tail. But thats wasn't enough for me. I WANTED A BUN TOO! :fistshake: So here is my bun WITHOUT A FILLER. Yes, you heard me right there is NOTHING in this bun. I just took the hair and bobby pinned it under. I think it turned out nice for a spur of the moment thing so I took pics. I kinda like it even more. Just posting for all those NL ladies or shorter who thinks bunning isn't possible.

Side of bun
NLBun3.jpg

Top of bun
NLBun2.jpg

Back of bun
NLBun.jpg

I hope to keep trying this and hopefully get it neater. HHG ladies!

L'oreal Dark Ash Brown. But I think its lightened up a bit since the summer... I'm letting it grow out now though. None of my NG is colored... But I may revisit it once I'm 100% Natural.
Hmm...you just applied it on your naturally dark hair and it got that light? :blush:

I might have to look into it!

:rolleyes: Still too short.:ohwell: I tried today and I have a baby bump up there. Since it was covered with my satin scarf, no one saw it.:eyebrows2:giggle:

As a fellow NL, I'm impressed. Last weekend, I did a sock bun and thought I was doing something.

thats cute! and your hair color is pretty!
i would try it, but i just feel like my head is too big to balance out the tinyness of the bun. so i've just stopped trying at all and i'll revisit when i get more hair.

Very nice, pretty, neat. I love the color too. I put my hair in a bun too (different kind) - so proud of myself so this may be my new protective style.

yall im seriously sleeping on this whole slicking ya hair back thing. I can slick it back, but as the day progress it just gets frizzy! Im about to start using JAM! gel because apparently that can slick back anybodys hair. But when i looked at the ingredients, i must admit i got kinda sick cuz it was just all the wrong stuff in it and i couldn't bring myself to buy it

Too cute buddy! I love it! Even as an almost APL lady, my buns don't look like that. Hopefully that will change with the use of wheat germ oil!

Uh... this title may be a little wrong...I just got out the shower... and I may not be so NL anymore... It was touching my shoulder WITH 20 weeks post NG. So who knows? I'm not flat ironing til december. :lachen:

^^^^yay that's awesome!!! I remember when you went to the salon and the SHS took off a wee bit too much how discouraged you were. I knew you would get it back and more in no time!! :woot:

Back