Nikkos Cuzin...I punked out.

Cayenne0622

I was at my sister's college graduation in Indianapolis this weekend and saw this really pretty lady with her in a beautiful donut bun. I kept glancing at her and then finally walked over and simply told her that her bun was really pretty and asked how she did it. You could tell it was all of her hair too. She told me how she did it and said it was really easy but that she wanted to cut her hair off because its starting to get hot. When she mentioned cutting it off, I assumed she wasn't Nikkos cuzin because we want long hair...right!?! lolol:lol: So, I left it at that. Too much of a coward to take the convo any further.

I ride the train to work and I see alot of beautiful heads of hair and I always punk out and don't ask:lol:

Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's what we LHCF ladies ask someone who has really nice hair whom we suspect might also be a LHCF member. We ask " Are you Nikko's cousin?" If they look at you dumbfounded, then they're not an LHCF member. If if they do...well you know the rest :grin:

lizjoseph said:
Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's what we LHCF ladies ask someone who has really nice hair whom we suspect might also be a LHCF member. We ask " Are you Nikko's cousin?" If they look at you dumbfounded, then they're not an LHCF member. If if they do...well you know the rest :grin:

CORRECT!:D

lmao @ poohbear...:lachen:

Thanks lizjoseph! I've seen that phrase so much on this forum and I never knew what it meant. :Blush2:

Poohbear said:
Thanks lizjoseph! I've seen that phrase so much on this forum and I never knew what it meant. :Blush2:

Liz did a good job explaining. I was too busy giggling. Its okay, girlly. I was tickled by your response because a lot of people have that same question.

Yeh, I'm assuming if she was gonna cut it off she probably isn't and LHCF'er. I don't blame you for not asking. I think I could only approach if I recognized her or her hair from a picture.:perplexed It's hard to get the courage. Maybe next time.

I was in the currency exchange a couple of weeks ago and this lady told the lady in front of me that her hair was very pretty so I looked at the lady and noticed that her hair was a little past bs and it was very healthy, thick, even the ends and she was 4a/b. She was wearing a wrap, so I joined in the conversation and out of no where I said " Are you Nikko's Cousin"? She said nope I don't have a cousin name Nikko. I played it off like oh you look like this guy Nikko's cousin:lol:

tsmith said:
I was in the currency exchange a couple of weeks ago and this lady told the lady in front of me that her hair was very pretty so I looked at the lady and noticed that her hair was a little past bs and it was very healthy, thick, even the ends and she was 4a/b. She was wearing a wrap, so I joined in the conversation and out of no where I said " Are you Nikko's Cousin"? She said nope I don't have a cousin name Nikko. I played it off like oh you look like this guy Nikko's cousin:lol:

Dang! Another foiled attempt! hahahahaha OT: I see I was in your neck of the woods too. Well, Illinois is huge but I flew into Chicago. I hate I didn't get to go out!!!

Cayenne0622 said:
I was at my sister's college graduation in Indianapolis this weekend and saw this really pretty lady with her in a beautiful donut bun. I kept glancing at her and then finally walked over and simply told her that her bun was really pretty and asked how she did it. You could tell it was all of her hair too. She told me how she did it and said it was really easy but that she wanted to cut her hair off because its starting to get hot. When she mentioned cutting it off, I assumed she wasn't Nikkos cuzin because we want long hair...right!?! lolol:lol: So, I left it at that. Too much of a coward to take the convo any further.

i go to IUPUI and i'm wondering if that's the graduation you went to? (yeah i'm nibby :D LOL)

You sound like me, OP. Last week I was at Tropicana (jamaican carryout) in DC on U street on my lunch break. I saw this girl with the most beautiful 4a/4b hair it was relaxed. But it was up in the cutest bun/chignon. And she used a bobby pin to tuck in her ends (yeah I was all up in her head:look: ). She was protective-stylin' for real. I'm sure it was long because the bun was thick! Her hair looked very healthy! I'm sure she's Nikko's cuzn or 2nd cuzn at least!:lol: I chickened out!

Was it you?

ladylibra said:
i go to IUPUI and i'm wondering if that's the graduation you went to? (yeah i'm nibby :D LOL)

Yep. That's the graduation I went to. I guess I should have put it out on the forum that I was going. I could have met some of you in person. :)

kweenameena said:
You sound like me, OP. Last week I was at Tropicana (jamaican carryout) in DC on U street on my lunch break. I saw this girl with the most beautiful 4a/4b hair it was relaxed. But it was up in the cutest bun/chignon. And she used a bobby pin to tuck in her ends (yeah I was all up in her head:look: ). She was protective-stylin' for real. I'm sure it was long because the bun was thick! Her hair looked very healthy! I'm sure she's Nikko's cuzn or 2nd cuzn at least!:lol: I chickened out!

Was it you?

Hahahaha...we are some real cowards, aren't we? lol If I'm ever in the DC area, I'll have to let you know. I've never been there but looking forward to visiting one day.

tsmith said:

:lachen: :lol: This is too funny!

LOL @ your story!! She prolly wasnt..

Now if she had said 'Thanks!! Ive been thinking of dusting my ends, but I may go ahead and trim during the next lunar cycle', THEN you might have gone ahead and asked here!! :lol:

Sorry Im a dork..

Back