Nightly Rollersets

upandcoming

Hey,
I just wanted to know how many women go to bed with their head in rollers. I've never tried it before but I have to be up early tomorrow to do some errands and I'm trying it tonight...I'm using big hard rollers iwth those metal clips. Last night I used a bit of setting lotion and conditioning creme lotion to roll my hair without washing it. I took it out about two hours later and my hai wasn't curly but it had a nice wave/bounce to it that lasted for a few hours.
Even if you haven't had your hair in rollers, what's your take on this?
Thanks ladies

I roll mine at night...it was a huge adjustment in terms of sleeping positions. Now its not big deal. I use this African Hemp spray I found at the bss and cover with an extralarge bonnet.

I did the nightly rollerset thing for awhile, but I got tired of trying to sleep on those hard rollers. Now I only rollerset when wet then maintain day-to-day by sleeping in a satin bonnet and touching up my curls in the morning with the caruso steam rollers. Works like a charm.

I'm trying so hard to do the roller thing, but I just don't likey!!!:(

I use the soft rollers, so it doesn't hurt to sleep on them, but my hair always turns out too curly!:nono:

I do I do. I don't have a problem with it. Maybe because I have beening doing it for so long that I'm used to it and I don't have any breakage from sleeping in rollers everynight

Pincurls all the way. Faster and easier than rollersets (once you get the hang of it), and IMHO, the curls are prettier, hang better and have more body.

balisi said:
Pincurls all the way. Faster and easier than rollersets (once you get the hang of it), and IMHO, the curls are prettier, hang better and have more body.

Evertime I tried to pin curl my hair came out too curly. I may try it again this week since I'm off of work. I don't know what i am doing wrong

I sleep in rollers but I use flexirods. I use two big ones, (fuschia color) one at the top of my hair , one at the bottom. In the morning my hair turns out with really big pretty curls.

LadyR said:
Evertime I tried to pin curl my hair came out too curly. I may try it again this week since I'm off of work. I don't know what i am doing wrong
How many pincurls are you making? If they're making your hair too curly, you may be making too many. I usually recommend 6-8 pincurls, depending on hair length, texture, density and desired curl.

The only rollerset I have successfully slept in was the "mohawk". It was very comfortable since there are no rollers on the sides and I sleep on my side.

balisi said:
How many pincurls are you making? If they're making your hair too curly, you may be making too many. I usually recommend 6-8 pincurls, depending on hair length, texture, density and desired curl.

I tried it again last night. I haven't taken them out yet, but I will keep practicing since I'm off. It was easier to sleep last night than with rollers :D

Back