NIce thick serum

soslychic

I want a y thick serum for shine and locking in moisture. I was thinking keracare silken seal, but that price tag turned me off. Anything a little cheaper that you guys love?

Soslychic- I whip up my own mixture of vegetable glycerine and jojoba oil to my creamy leave in conditioner. Sometimes I will add a bit more of just the jojoba oil with the glycerine mixed in and apply it to my ends. It leaves my hair shiny, glossy and moisturized all day!!! Even the white girls (don't mean that in an offensive way) in my class asked me what I've been putting in my hair!!! It is sooo simple!! Just experiment with the proportions.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelKiss said:
Soslychic- I whip up my own mixture of vegetable glycerine and jojoba oil to my creamy leave in conditioner. Sometimes I will add a bit more of just the jojoba oil with the glycerine mixed in and apply it to my ends. It leaves my hair shiny, glossy and moisturized all day!!! Even the white girls (don't mean that in an offensive way) in my class asked me what I've been putting in my hair!!! It is sooo simple!! Just experiment with the proportions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oohh...sounds good. Where can I find vegetable glycerine?

U can find vegetale glycerine at any health food store.

Lemme tell u, this has saved me a small fortune as serums can cost a lot and my hair needs lots of product!!

Also u can just mix the glycerine and oil in your hands and apply. Nothing fancy. If mixing with the conditioner definitely use a lil bowl. Also, u can use it as a heat protectant to blow dry your hair.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelKiss said:
U can find vegetale glycerine at any health food store.

Lemme tell u, this has saved me a small fortune as serums can cost a lot and my hair needs lots of product!!

Also u can just mix the glycerine and oil in your hands and apply. Nothing fancy. If mixing with the conditioner definitely use a lil bowl. Also, u can use it as a heat protectant to blow dry your hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! I'll definetly give this a try. Those serums can get expensive.

from what i've read on the serums, they are all basically the same anyway, though some are outrageously expensive. I am definately gonna try Caramelkiss's mixture too!

Smooth 'N Shine ingredients:

Cyclomethicone
Dimethicone
Phenyl Trimethicone
Panthenol
Silk Amino Acids
Fragrance Parfum

KeraCare Silken Seal ingredients:

Cycolomethicone
Dimethicone

Back