NIACIN - Skin itching like crazy

Zeal

I have not taken Niacin in a while. I took one about an hour ago and I am itching like crazy. The crazy thing is... I never feel it in my scalp. I only feel it on my arms and legs. The other night I forgot that I had taken it and was thinking my skin was dry (itching). LOL!:lachen:

I have researched Niacin and it's benefits. Has anyone noticed a difference in hair from the Niacin?

I think you have "Naicin Flush".

Maybe give it a break and go and see your doctor, nutritionist or naturopath.

Go see my Naturpath????!!!! OK, so you want me to get chastised. :lachen::lachen: I just saw him 3 weeks ago and Niacin is not on my list of things to take. I was just experimenting. I took one the other night and one today. But I am leaving it alone.

:lachen: i took some of these when i worked in a small office. i felt all hot and was itching like crazy. i shared an office with another girl and she was :lachen:

i was scared and never took those again. i later learned about the flush. those things traumatized me and i still won't mess with them.

Yes my mom took them one time and it was funny because she ended up in the bath tub just trying to get her skin to stop itching....she called the pharmacist and they told her that thats the side effect of Niacin.

I used to drink an energy drink that would give me the pins and needles itching sensation. Com to find out, it contained an insane amount of niacin.

Yes my mom took them one time and it was funny because she ended up in the bath tub just trying to get her skin to stop itching....she called the pharmacist and they told her that thats the side effect of Niacin.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:ROTFL - You should have seen me rubbing down in lotion. i had forgotten I had taken it the first time. I was thinking that my skin was dry. LOL! then I said OH! it must be the Niacin.

Back