NHeutralizing Shampoo... I need your help..

natural2008

Hello Ladies,
Would it be possible for you to recommend a good neutralizing shampoo for me to use? I got a touchup (texturizier) on December 20, 2008 and my hair has been coming out since as you can see in my Fotki. That amount of hair that you ladies will see is that amount that came out after every single comb. Would you ladies suggest that I neutralize. I did Aphogee protein twice and have been doing the 2min reconstructor once a week. Please help me save the little hair that I have on my head. I got some of my hair cut last week and am tempted to grab the clippers and shave it all off. BTW I am a vegetarian and have been for 15 years and my stylist said that my lack of protein is the reason. But not that much hair falling out. I feel that I need to neutralize or something. What do you all think?

Neutralizing would not hurt, but I don't think it will stop your breakage.

I disagree with your stylist about protein. You can get lots of protein as a vegetarian.

Anyway, I recently used Henna to stop major breakage I was having. It was a miracle for me - worked better than even the hardcore Aphogee.

I used it, along with some amla powder, a tiny bit of distilled water, FULL FAT yogurt (I used Fage with honey), oil (I used almond oil), and some protein (I used marine collagen). First treatment showed noticeable improvement and the 2nd was even better. I left it on for 2 hours the first time and 4 hours the 2nd time. Each time, I sat under the dryer for 20-30 min of the time.

I know henna does not work for all, but it is helping me keep my hair on my head.

My breakage was a result of overprocessing.

Hello Ladies,
Would it be possible for you to recommend a good neutralizing shampoo for me to use? I got a touchup (texturizier) on December 20, 2008 and my hair has been coming out since as you can see in my Fotki. That amount of hair that you ladies will see is that amount that came out after every single comb. Would you ladies suggest that I neutralize. I did Aphogee protein twice and have been doing the 2min reconstructor once a week. Please help me save the little hair that I have on my head. I got some of my hair cut last week and am tempted to grab the clippers and shave it all off. BTW I am a vegetarian and have been for 15 years and my stylist said that my lack of protein is the reason. But not that much hair falling out. I feel that I need to neutralize or something. What do you all think?

Mizani has some good chelating Shampoo, and I use Silk Elements Neutralizing shampoo....and I haven't had any problems. I would stop the Aphogee protein and just do the Aphogee 2min reconstructor, too much protein could make it worse.....I was told tea rinsing and henna or ayurvedic powders stops or decreases shedding/breakage.....I don't know what else to say, but I hope something works for you.

Last edited:
I am a vegetarian who doesn't eat lots of protein. Yes, I know that is bad, but honestly I had not really noticed. I began taking protein vitamins in August and have been eating more beans and tofu. My hair was much healthier when I was in high school and ate meat. I may begin to eat turkey again or something. I had been natural for 8 years and even the lady who has been braiding my hair has noticed that it wasn't not as strong as it use to be as when I was in high school and wr could not figure out why. My sister is a vegetarian and has been for over 20 years and her hair is so long, healthy and thick. I never really put two and two together. All I know is I just want this breakage to stop cause it is getting on my nerves.

Back