Nexxus Therappe and Botanoil Shampoos

vtoodler

Did Nexxus reformulate these two shampoos?

If so, are the new formulas as good?

Last edited:
Not really sure, but when my store ran out of the regular nexxus moisturizing shampoo, I bought the botanoil instead. I didn't really like it though, my hair didn't come out as soft.

I don't know what the botanoil shampoo was like before, but I don't think I'll purchase it again unless there's really nothing else.

I've used Therappe since I was in high school (and had natural hair, which I'm back to now). It worked well then and it works well now. Even when I got my hair relaxed it was my favorite, although I think at that point I liked Botanoil on my relaxed hair. The Nexxus name was sold (it's now owned by VO5). Too many unauthorized merchants were selling the product so the original company was sold and the old company started a new line. Funnily, the new line, even though it has products that parallel all of the old ones, doesn't feel as good. I still prefer Humectress and Therappe. But that's why they are widely available and in places like Walmart and Target before. When they were being sold outside of salons and on Ebay in the past, it was not authorized by the company and they always said that they didnt' guarantee the integrity of the products if you bought them outside of a salon.
Selling off the line probably means that the V05 got the original formulas, but it is possible that they've changed.
But Therappe has always felt the best of any shampoo on my head, and that's been true since I was about 13.

Back