Nexxus Product Users

Cayenne0622

Hey everybody - I know Nexxus products can be expensive at times but I have found really good prices at the following website:Ulta.comTons of good stuff on that website. And for Houstonians, there are Ulta stores located all over Houston. Also (for Texas members only), the grocery store, HEB, has Nexxus Emergencee for $13.99 which is the cheapest price I've come across. I didn't find it on Ulta.com.

Last edited:
Sally's Beauty Supply sells generic versions of many Nexxus products for about $5.99 each.

mw138 said:
Sally's Beauty Supply sells generic versions of many Nexxus products for about $5.99 each.

Do those generic versions work as well as the real thing?? I saw those the other day at Sally's and I was very skeptical. The lady that worked there said they have the same ingredience but they are just "packaged" differently:perplexed

I have never seen the generic versions to the Nexxus products. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for. How can I identify them. It seems to a secret identity.:lol:

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Do those generic versions work as well as the real thing?? I saw those the other day at Sally's and I was very skeptical. The lady that worked there said they have the same ingredience but they are just "packaged" differently:perplexed
thats a big lie. lol. :lol:

I know of people that have tried both generic and real version and there is a difference

dominirican said:
I have never seen the generic versions to the Nexxus products. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for. How can I identify them. It seems to a secret identity.:lol:

They are in a white container with black letters and it says "comparable to........"

Aside from the Generic Nexxus, the actual Nexxus Therapee and Humectress bottles at Sally's are shapped differently. They aren't the usual shape, skinny at the top, wide at the bottom. They're just one shape (wide) all the way through. I wonder if those are any different when it comes to performance.

pink_n_green_iz_me said:

They seemed to work the same for me, so I buy the generic versions instead of the actual brand name. I get the same results for a lot less money.

TSUprincess04 said:
Aside from the Generic Nexxus, the actual Nexxus Therapee and Humectress bottles at Sally's are shapped differently. They aren't the usual shape, skinny at the top, wide at the bottom. They're just one shape (wide) all the way through. I wonder if those are any different when it comes to performance.

they're shaped differently cause they're a much bigger size. i usually buy therappe and humectress at sally's cause of the size (we go through that stuff like crazy). i get the rest of the line at target or cvs. and no, they're not different when it comes to performance.

toosexy1 said:
thats a big lie. lol. :lol:

I know of people that have tried both generic and real version and there is a difference

lol girl can you hear me now??? I bought a generic version of humectress and my hair cussed at me for a WEEK! It left my hair sooooo tangled. The ingredients listed were the same but my hair definitely noticed a difference.

My hair stylist used it on my hair on two separate occations just to appease me. He doesn't like the way it feels on my hair, and he has to work harder.

He even told me to touch it while I was at the shampoo bowl, and I didn't like the way it felt either. It doesn't have enough "slip or detangler agents;" therefore, he recommends that I bring back the Cream of Nature (Ultra Moisturizing/Detangler formula).

Back