Nexxus Product Sale - What Should I Get?

AtlantaJJ

Hi there,

A new Walgreens has opened close to my home and they have been having some great door buster sales each week.

This week it's buy $20.00 worth of Nexuss products and get a $10.00 gift card sent in the mail, plus a $2.00 off any purchase over $10.00 immediate coupon:blush: I can't pass that one up.

I don't have Nexuss products because the two that I would purchase (Humectress and Keraphix) has mineral oil as one of the top ingredients in both products (the shock and horror)!!

They have the new HydraSleek line that sounds interesting. Has any one tried this line?

Please tell me what's your favorite Nexxus product and why you like it... I will make a purchase based on your responses.

TIA Ladies!!:yep:

If you're looking for a good protein treatment, you could try Nexxus Emergencee. I love it, but it IS expensive. With your coupons, though, you might be able to get it at a reasonable price :yep:

If you're looking for a good protein treatment, you could try Nexxus Emergencee. I love it, but it IS expensive. With your coupons, though, you might be able to get it at a reasonable price :yep:

Exactly what I was going to post! :)

As for their other products, I actually had to stop using them. :( They were my staples for some years and I purchased them at my salon. Then, when they were "mainstreamed," the forumla seemed to changed and became not nearly as effective. :ohwell: I don't know. Maybe it's me. :look:

But the Emergencee still works pretty well. :yep:

I just revisted Nexxus therapee shampoo with great success to try that.
You just reminded me I have a little bit of Aloe Rid left, I use that as a clarifying poo. I think it's pretty gentle... I never tried Therape...a couple of good possiblities...

How do you use the Emergencee? I remember the instructions said to shampoo it out, that's why I didn't purchase it. Do you use it as a pre-poo? or as a DC?
TIA

Exactly what I was going to post! :)

As for their other products, I actually had to stop using them. :( They were my staples for some years and I purchased them at my salon. Then, when they were "mainstreamed," the forumla seemed to changed and became not nearly as effective. :ohwell: I don't know. Maybe it's me. :look:

But the Emergencee still works pretty well. :yep:
Sounds like the diluted their products a bit it seems...I was surprised when they went mainstream like that...

How do you use the Emergencee? I remember the instructions said to shampoo it out, that's why I didn't purchase it. Do you use it as a pre-poo? or as a DC?
TIA

Well, I use Emergencee the way the ladies on LHCF suggested, rather than as per the instructions :giggle:... I shampoo and rinse as normal, then apply the emergencee (just enough to coat all my hair, no excess--this ish is expensive!). I go sit under the dryer for about 15 minutes until my hair is hard, then rinse and apply a moisturizing DC and sit back under the dryer for about 30 minutes. Then I do a final rinse and style.

I don't bother with the extra shampoo and I know a lot of ladies here don't. The letting it get hard part (kind of like Aphogee) is what makes this product work well for me... otherwise it's just meh :rolleyes:. HTH!

They may have went mainstream because of the intorduction of the Nexxus Phyto-line. (at JcPenny now for by one get second at .88 cents.) I love nexxus, the aloe rid, keraphix and humectress, i use all three!

Well, I use Emergencee the way the ladies on LHCF suggested, rather than as per the instructions :giggle:... I shampoo and rinse as normal, then apply the emergencee (just enough to coat all my hair, no excess--this ish is expensive!). I go sit under the dryer for about 15 minutes until my hair is hard, then rinse and apply a moisturizing DC and sit back under the dryer for about 30 minutes. Then I do a final rinse and style.

I don't bother with the extra shampoo and I know a lot of ladies here don't. The letting it get hard part (kind of like Aphogee) is what makes this product work well for me... otherwise it's just meh :rolleyes:. HTH!
Oh snap that's worth a try! Would that type of treatment be good before a relaxer touch-up or after one?

Oh snap that's worth a try! Would that type of treatment be good before a relaxer touch-up or after one?

Since it's a bit on the 'strong protein' side, I wouldn't use it in the 2 weeks leading up to and following a relaxer. I tend towards fewer and more gentle products during this window, however, I know other ladies like a strong kick of protein right after a relaxer. Really, though, as long as you follow with a moisturizing DC step, I'm sure you'll be fine :yep:

They may have went mainstream because of the intorduction of the Nexxus Phyto-line. (at JcPenny now for by one get second at .88 cents.) I love nexxus, the aloe rid, keraphix and humectress, i use all three!

Yep :yep:. Aside from my Emergencee, all my nexxus products are getting replaced with their Phyto-Organics counterparts: Theratin, Humectin and Enphuse!! :lick:

Back